MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stolen map and letter from shot down stuka pilot wolfgang vagler's tank buster stuka ace!

Article about: I am pretty upset right now, a few weeks ago, I discovered that a map that I was given by the family of Wolfgang Vagler, who was a tank buster ace and flew wing man for his Commanding Office

?

Thor i hope you will get back your map, i can assure you that a map with a dot somewhere in Europe is not something people easily take to make their own treasure story.

Being a metal detector idiot from the early days on ( been searching for more then 35 years on numerous battelfields in Europe) i can assure you your map will hardly be of any help.
    To find an airplane that crashed is like finding a needle in a haystack, i have done my fair share of searching and only in a few times i could trace back a plane, even with pretty accurate Eyesight stories.
    I can give you lots of places in Holland where i live with Eyesight crashsites where you will hardly find any trace of the crashed plane.
    Your long time dream of finding it would be very very hard te realise.
    It depends on the terrain, if its a wood or a rocky terrain then you would have a chance, on a field a plane with be hard to trace, the plane would be to deep to get.

I still hope you post here will have a happey ending

Regards
    Ger

?

I assume you are talking about Wolfgang Vageler ?

DEUTSCHES KREUZ IN GOLD
    Unit: 1. Staffel, I. Gruppe, Schlachtgeschwader 1, Luftwaffe
    Awarded on: March 20th, 1944
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

No record of Vageler in the VB database !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

For the New Members joining..dont let your thread posts become a punctuation nightmare of endless sentences that go into infinity.

A great Little book below..will be a good guide in the ABC basics of using periods, Line separation and Paragraph structure on forums of all types.

Stolen map and letter from shot down stuka pilot wolfgang vagler's tank buster stuka ace!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Please post a copy of the Police Report once it has been generated (you can redact any personal information).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Honest question , I live about as far from eastern Europe as i think its possible (Western Australia) and i would like to know about the area this plane went down and most of Europe. Are there areas where its possible a plane could still be sitting undescovered with possibly a pilot still in the seat at the controls after 70+ years ?
    I know in my massive country there are some extremly remote areas but even a plane out there would be found especially now with google earth and the many photographic satilites etc so im unsure how remote some of the area mentioned in Europe are.
    Super find if out there but now with all the treasure hunters and ww2 diggers, drones and better 4wd's it wont be long now if out there

Quote by lithgow View Post
    There will be precious little left of any aircraft after 70 or more years left in the open in a severe climate like the Baltic states have-freezing winters with heavy snow and warm if brief summers with plants growing up and through the wreckage-similarly with human remains unless the pilot was buried by the rescue party if they had the time to do so. The engine block is the most likely to survive in a recognizable condition but will be buried by the accumulation of debris over 7 decades by now.
    it is what it is. how can i saw what the deal is............ it's 70 years ago, and no one is alive that was there. whatever it is, is what it is.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thor i hope you will get back your map, i can assure you that a map with a dot somewhere in Europe is not something people easily take to make their own treasure story.

Being a metal detector idiot from the early days on ( been searching for more then 35 years on numerous battelfields in Europe) i can assure you your map will hardly be of any help.
    To find an airplane that crashed is like finding a needle in a haystack, i have done my fair share of searching and only in a few times i could trace back a plane, even with pretty accurate Eyesight stories.
    I can give you lots of places in Holland where i live with Eyesight crashsites where you will hardly find any trace of the crashed plane.
    Your long time dream of finding it would be very very hard te realise.
    It depends on the terrain, if its a wood or a rocky terrain then you would have a chance, on a field a plane with be hard to trace, the plane would be to deep to get.

I still hope you post here will have a happey ending

Regards
    Ger
    if you dont try, you cant find. i was planning on trying this year. now that's ****ed up. so we'll see. i do have one way of finding the location, not going to post that. it will cost some $$, so we'll see what happens. i just figured that posting on a website, that has people who do, and are interested in doing, this very thing, that maybe someone has seen something, or knows something. no one breaks in someone's house, and steals a piece of paper with a dot on it........ when there are guns, ammo, coins, military stuff, etc. cant use the chewbaka defense here,.... so, we'll see what happens.

Quote by Paul D View Post
    I assume you are talking about Wolfgang Vageler ?

DEUTSCHES KREUZ IN GOLD
    Unit: 1. Staffel, I. Gruppe, Schlachtgeschwader 1, Luftwaffe
    Awarded on: March 20th, 1944
    yes, that is the man. exactly.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Please post a copy of the Police Report once it has been generated (you can redact any personal information).
    why do you need a copy of the police report? there is information that i do not want out there. do you know something about it already?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast