MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Stolen map and letter from shot down stuka pilot wolfgang vagler's tank buster stuka ace!

Article about: I am pretty upset right now, a few weeks ago, I discovered that a map that I was given by the family of Wolfgang Vagler, who was a tank buster ace and flew wing man for his Commanding Office

Quote by Larry C View Post
    No photos of the map Gents as i can understand Mr Thors Concerns..that dot on the map may lead to something buried. X marks the spot.
    Without Photos...which I understand your buried concerns,,,nothing more that the members above can offer you.

Hopefully the forums Resident Archaeological Researcher Big Ned can shed some light in a positive direction. .
    let's say i do have, and post pictures of the map, showing the location. .... do you think i should do that, on a web site covered with members who go out in the woods looking for stuff like this? are you joking?

I can almost begin to hear a Stuka falling to earth...

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Fantastic story with a terrible ending. (Both the fact that he never was found and that the map is stolen)

Did they steal anything else?
    I have had lots of things stolen. yes. LOTS of things,......... they were looking for something that would fit in a case that a dagger fits in. They found lots of other things.
    They stole things that belonged to my father, things we collected together, things that meant alot to me, and my family, to the police and the courts, it's just paperwork.

There are things dollars can not replace. as long as it is not their things missing, it's not that important/high priority.
    You ever tried to get the police to do anything for you? try it sometime,. they dont tell you anything, until they are ready for action.

They do not telegraph any punches,.. they observe, collect evidence, usually found by the victims, not themselves, and act if they think they can get a conviction. other then that, you get nothing out of them, for years sometimes. Think you can get the cops to do anything for you? ever? try.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    People steal things from me all the time, one time it was a sledgehemmer, found it a year later in the wrong place... then it was a tap & die set, had to buy another one, then it turned up, tucked away in some weird place, sometimes it's keys, sometimes it's a wallet...

Happens to my neighbors too, just yesterday one was telling how he couldn't find either one of his axes "for days", then they turned up.

Sometimes people steal things, then bring them back.
    if they take the map, use it, and then bring it back, what value does it have left? we are not talking about a tool now, are we?

This thread is coming to an end..4 pgs and nothing..but rhetoric. Mr Thor....if nothing else can be gained by this thread you started..i am about to close it due to Punctuation assassination, sentence run togethers..and most importantly the reason why you came here was to have near 5 pgs involving members wasting their time on something they cant see. Everyone here knows.

You managed to attract many Moderators who also gave advice..yet..you continue with your diatribe. We get the point !! No reason to continue .

Thread closed !!

Stolen map and letter from shot down stuka pilot wolfgang vagler's tank buster stuka ace!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I can almost begin to hear a Stuka falling to earth...
    You mean one of these ?? ...yea i see it coming very soon

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by mightythor101 View Post
    let's say i do have, and post pictures of the map, showing the location. .... do you think i should do that, on a web site covered with members who go out in the woods looking for stuff like this? are you joking?
    You are about to find out that Im not joking.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stolen map and letter from shot down stuka pilot wolfgang vagler's tank buster stuka ace!   Stolen map and letter from shot down stuka pilot wolfgang vagler's tank buster stuka ace!  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4