Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Suspected WW2 bomber found underwater off Magnetic Island, Queensland's far north.

Article about: May turn into an interesting story... Arvo Anson bomber Suspected WW2 bomber found underwater off Magnetic Island | Perth Now

Noel 1969
    ?

Default Re: Suspected WW2 bomber found underwater off Magnetic Island, Queensland's far north.

Default Re: Suspected WW2 bomber found underwater off Magnetic Island, Queensland's far north.

Quote by NickW View Post
    It's not an Anson - wrong prop + engine does not look right proportions for a Cheetah - Yes late Ansons had a variable pitch prop but with wooden blades not metal - the earlier metal ones were one-piece fixed pitch - this looks possibly American to me and 1930s? but not anything I'm familiar with.
    Im with NickW on this one spent the a bit of time looking at restored Anson ening and prop in NZ completed right down to war time specifications, there's something very off about this prop off Magie.
    I think there was a B26 that ditch off Magnetic during the war but then this would be a 3 blade prop. like the report said almost 216 ditching s or crashes of the coast...........take your pick

Oh looks like i was little too late on this one haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2