Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tiger found in mud-Korsun/Cherkasy

Article about: awesome link mate

Default Re: Tiger found in mud-Korsun/Cherkasy

awesome link mate

Very lazy journalism, there is no photos of the actual tank that is meant to be a tiger and they only show a stock photo so how do they know whether it's a Tiger? They say "most probably a tiger " show us the evidence when the tank has been dug out like the panther in the other 2 photos

Hi Guys,

Just to tidy this thread up a bit as regarding the Tiger originally alluded to, here is a link to it's current state and whereabouts.Late Tiger 1 Found in Bog

As you can see, it is hardly anything near a complete tank! The parts have been bought by a British collector who has apparently enough other parts to rebuild a complete tank!

However, he appears to already have a King Tiger AND Panther on the stocks, so don't get holding your breath for a few years yet!

Looking at what he has got for his money, i wouldn't mind betting $200,000 is about right.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned,
    Well found that link of yours, I bet there has been loads of eager eyes watching this thread, all wondering what is happening to the said Tiger.
    Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Regards to all, Simon.

So Tiger number '312'(?) is now awaiting restoration in the UK, along with its new owners other restoration projects of a Panther and Tiger II
    Where the hell did he get a Tiger II from?
    Regards to all, Simon.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just to tidy this thread up a bit as regarding the Tiger originally alluded to, here is a link to it's current state and whereabouts.Late Tiger 1 Found in Bog

As you can see, it is hardly anything near a complete tank! The parts have been bought by a British collector who has apparently enough other parts to rebuild a complete tank!

However, he appears to already have a King Tiger AND Panther on the stocks, so don't get holding your breath for a few years yet!

Looking at what he has got for his money, i wouldn't mind betting $200,000 is about right.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned, thanks for the explanation, I saw that the website describing the Tiger was dated 11th May 2010 and did not show any actual photos of the Tiger found - your link is dated 13 May 09 (which is a year before),so it is a puzzle why someone would pay any money never mind 200k before the actual vehicle is recovered. maybe as a blog spot it is out of date with actual events?

If you see under the posting, A chap called Uden Relevans wants further info, maybe a Ukranian based member of this forum can confirm the uptodate details of whether the chap indeed IS buying the same tiger, the logistics of getting it through HMRC Customs (UK) will take at least a couple of years, since Ukraine is outside the EC and subject to weapons embargoes by the EC.

?

Quote by Adept View Post
    but how would it be to actually own a tiger ? ...
    There is a book about owning Tigers by Claude Balls.

Hi guys. Don't want to raise temperatures but ther's something going on somewhere...

http://https://www.warrelics.eu/foru...61/#post163816

Well done on finding that link Ned. Simon, does this seem familiar? (Stahelme case)

Martyn.

Martyn,
    Can't get your above link to work. Can you try agin at posting it.
    Cheers, Simon.

Martyn,
    Forget the last post, I found the Tiger thread that you were refering to by searching the forum.
    Looks like said bloke is trying to sell parts for a Tiger that he does not own. And he has a bloke standing up for him saying that he has good prices. Good prices on stuff that is not even his to sell ?????
    Regards, Simon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast