Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tractor M2 Medium (Cletrack)

Article about: I found this a little over a year ago in a scrap yard. I check on it every so often to make sure it is still there Does anyone think that this is salvageable, or live in PA and want to resto

Default Tractor M2 Medium (Cletrack)

I found this a little over a year ago in a scrap yard. I check on it every so often to make sure it is still there Does anyone think that this is salvageable, or live in PA and want to restore it? The owner is selling it at scrap cost, but with college I can not afford this let alone have a place to store / fix it.

?

Default Re: Tractor M2 Medium (Cletrack)

That is cool!!!!!Does it have both tracks and will he ship to AZ!!!!!Just kidding on the last part!!!!
    22 mph!! That bad boy was fast!!!!
    Good luck on that Ben!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil I have been wanting to restore this since I found it. I have a "ground crew" impression for reenacting AAF that this would be splendid to use for! If I had this then maybe I could befriend some pilots and catch a free ride or two?
    It has both tracks but they have bad dry rot

?

It looks to be in restorable condition. But you'd need cash, welding tools, sand blasting tools, etc.

Crikey Ben that one's seen better days!

Here's the ongoing restoration of another M2 that was in rather better condition when found than the one you're looking at. It'll give you some idea of the task before you.....Assuming that it's realistically got a chance of being a candidate, these things can end up being a money pit....I know from bitter experience. I'll be honest and say I think it's a bit too far gone to be worth trying. But if you do, I wish you well!

1942 M2 High-Speed Tractor Restification Log

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks I think it is a little to far gone as well, maybe it would be smart to salvage some parts, if the owner lets me seperate it... If I had tons of $ I would love to give it a try though...

Just nick the data plate, add representative pic and photo frame and Bob's yer uncle......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tractor M2 Medium (Cletrack)  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.