Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

unknown crashed aircraft

Article about: More info regarding the op: After attacks of Squadrons No. 12, 105, 139, 150 and 218 came an attack by Blenheim squadrons of Uk based 2 Group. 21 Squadron, 107 Squadron and 110 Squadron task

?

Default Re: unknown crashed aircraft

Good luck Ringbuffer. Looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

What is the status of this? Has there been any updates?

Have an update

Have been contacted by a local historian who lives close by who knows the site and has permission to search there he did know it was a blenheim but it didnt have a positive ID until I recovered the number on the piece of wreckage.
    He has spoken to locals and has been told that when it crashed in 1940 the locals buried the 3 crew close to the wreckage with a simple woodedn cross which has long gone so he has invited me over to search next year hopefully for the crew.
    will keep you updated.

?

That is useful news! Good luck with your enquiries.

ringbuffer,
    I would like to congratulate you for finding a piece of history lying forgotten in the jungle. And with the help from friends here, the wreckage can be identified. Yes, you need to contact Sue Raftree from JCCC and MoD. I believe they would assist you on the matter perfectly since the plane was crashed in Europe and not at Far East like what we have here in Malaysia. We do find a B-24 Liberator KL654 which took us 16 years just to get JCCC and MoD acknowledge the wreckage is KL654 and asked them to recovered the remains but they failed to respond. Until the relatives, volunteers and our group took out the project and recovered the remains then JCCC and MoD took over and buried the remains with military honors. We do hope that the Blenheim crew graves will be found by you and hope they would be recovered and get a proper military burial besides their comrades.

The only way to push them hard by finding remains near the wreckage. This proof together with the serial number on the aluminum skin can be good to be true for JCCC and MoD to declined..

Wish you good luck and please do informed us updates on your project.

Shaharom Ahmad
    Malaya Historical Group - Researcher

thecornerback23
    ?

HI ringbuffer,

I know this post was started over 2 years ago, however i have just read it and believe the parts of the wreckage you have found may have been from the Blenheim serial number L8742,YH-? from 21 Squadron that my great uncle Alfred Wilson was in when it was shot down.

Do you ever know what happened to the reporting of this wreckage? Could you private message me the exact location where you found these parts? So I know where he tragically was killed. All of his siblings are have now passed away but it would mean so much to my mother if she were to know.

Thank you.

Quote by ringbuffer View Post
    Have contacted the relevant authorities to report the find and have had contact from them but the right person is away till the 21st Oct at which time I have been told I will be contacted for more information.
    Have offered my help in trying to find the remains of the flight crew as have a lot of experiance in this kind of searching and know the MOD wont go and dig it up !!

HI ringbuffer,

I know this post was started over 2 years ago, however i have just read it and believe the parts of the wreckage you have found may have been from the Blenheim serial number L8742,YH-? from 21 Squadron that my great uncle Alfred Wilson was in when it was shot down.

Do you ever know what happened to the reporting of this wreckage? Could you private message me the exact location where you found these parts? So I know where he tragically was killed. All of his siblings are have now passed away but it would mean so much to my mother if she were to know.

Thank you.

Hopefully I will be able to return to the crash site for futher investigation in the not to distant future will keep you all posted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4