Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US or british igniter?

Article about: I took this shot about 2 years ago. I did not remove it because I wanted to be sure about what it is. So far I didn't come up with a clear ID, but although it was in a remote area, someone e

?

Default US or british igniter?

I took this shot about 2 years ago. I did not remove it because I wanted to be sure about what it is. So far I didn't come up with a clear ID, but although it was in a remote area, someone else found it and took it. My guess is that it is some kind of igniter,british or american. Let's see if anyone here knows it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US or british igniter?  

?

Default Re: US or british igniter?

Quote by Matt R. View Post
    I took this shot about 2 years ago. I did not remove it because I wanted to be sure about what it is. So far I didn't come up with a clear ID, but although it was in a remote area, someone else found it and took it. My guess is that it is some kind of igniter,british or american. Let's see if anyone here knows it.

For me it looks like a grease gun. It will be helpfull any ameasures.
    Radek

?

Hello Radek,
    I hope you're not a digger , just kidding.
    I did not measure it, but it was approx 8-10 cm.

Looks like the British "Service Igniter ,Safety Fuze ,Percussion MKIII
    Originally designed for lighting safety fuze on demolition charges,but could also be used as a pull switch by adding a trip wire to the safety pin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US or british igniter?  

?

Hi spotter, do you have any picture or drawing of this device^? I think we're close, because in the area there was alot of discarded british equipment, canteens,mags,spent cases. It could be!

just put a picture into my previous post ..This is from the book "weapons of the world war 2 tommy"

just found more info on lexs site which confirms the identification http://www.lexpev.nl/fuzesandigniter...gnitermk3.html

?

Yes you are right.
    It isnĀ“t grease gun as is on the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US or british igniter?   US or british igniter?  

?

Thank you spotter for the quick ID and to Radek for the comments
    Matt