Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Usaaf prop that needs id-ing

Article about: I think £160 is a bit high, its pretty well rusted all over, repainted, no real guarantee of wartime item without proper id, personally i wouldnt want to pay much over £90-100 but im not an

Default Usaaf prop that needs id-ing

Can someone please id this prop for me? Iv been offerd it at a very good price but i need to find out as much as poss befor i part with my cash. I havnt been to see it yet so the photos are all i can go bye for now. It looks like its had a paint job at some point but thats no problem. Thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Usaaf prop that needs id-ing   Usaaf prop that needs id-ing  

Usaaf prop that needs id-ing   Usaaf prop that needs id-ing  

Usaaf prop that needs id-ing   Usaaf prop that needs id-ing  

Default Re: Usaaf prop that needs id-ing

Just thinking.... It would be helpfull if anyone has an idear of what its not from then i can use a process of illumination. Andy

?

I believe that these props were marked at the base so i would suggest that you view in person, serial nos/ will certainly id the item, i think its one part of a three part spinner, but it could be fighter or medium bomber, judging by the size i wouldnt think its from a heavy aircraft, but im sure others will chip in

I have just spoken to the seller and he is going to have a look for any information on the prop. I will keep you all posted!!

Well thats not very helpfull!!!!!! Just spoken to the seller again and it looks like the dodgy paint job has covered up any markings there were on this blade.
    Ok so if we cant id it how much would you guy's think its worth?

Looks like a B-26 prop to me.

ERIC

?

How much is being asked for, its easier to guage too higher price than give a reasonable one

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Looks like a B-26 prop to me.

ERIC
    Im glad someone said that because thats what i thought when i first saw it or maybe a prop from an A20 havoc??

Quote by davejb View Post
    How much is being asked for, its easier to guage too higher price than give a reasonable one
    Well i didnt really want to say but he is asking £160 for it.
    I really dont know what to do with this one because i just dont want to make a boob

Looks remarkably similar to the Curtiss Electric 'blown steel' blade commonly fitted to the B-26, minus it's 'rubber boot' fitted to the base.

http://www.enginehistory.org/Convent...20Electric.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast