Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Usaaf prop that needs id-ing

Article about: I think £160 is a bit high, its pretty well rusted all over, repainted, no real guarantee of wartime item without proper id, personally i wouldnt want to pay much over £90-100 but im not an

?

Default Re: Usaaf prop that needs id-ing

I think £160 is a bit high, its pretty well rusted all over, repainted, no real guarantee of wartime item without proper id, personally i wouldnt want to pay much over £90-100 but im not an aircraft parts collector, there are a few on here and i think i would wait a few hrs until they log on, get some more opinions

Yep i think we have a match
    What about the price? It seems ok to me but iv not really looked into the price of ww2 props before.

Quote by davejb View Post
    I think £160 is a bit high, its pretty well rusted all over, repainted, no real guarantee of wartime item without proper id, personally i wouldnt want to pay much over £90-100 but im not an aircraft parts collector, there are a few on here and i think i would wait a few hrs until they log on, get some more opinions
    Yeah your right its well pitted and i really wish it hadnt been repianted but these things will only get harder to find. I just dont want to pass up the offer and regret it?????????????????????????

?

Well it looks like ther ones on the above site, plus it is hollow steell construction which accounts for the rust, therefore its a question of how bad do you want it, either way id ask for a bit of discount because of the points mentioned, if you dont ask you dont get

Looks like yours dont it. I thought ive seen it before.

ERIC

Yep look the same. Was that one from a B26?

Just found it. No price

Yes it is good luck with yours.

It's from a curtis electric assembly, without more details - usually you can find a part umber stamped on the shank at the base of the blade, it is likely form a B-26 as mentioned but could also very likley be off of a P-47, maybe a P-39 but unlikley.

decent overview here Powered by Google Docs

i would go for it myself, and if you dont let me know, i would be interested in adding it to my collection
    good luck
    regards Mad.ideas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2