Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)

Article about: by davejb Mainly for the people in England, but on Top Gear last night ,the three presenters visited a British Army depot that disposes of unwanted vehicles of all descriptions, ranging from

Default Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)

Hi guys!

Following on from my earlier thread showing battle-damaged Soviet vehicles etc. in Afghanistan, here's the photos I took of a second site that I visited....

My tour guide was a WO2 EOD engineer and after taking me to the first site realised this sort of thing floated my boat. He then told me that I might like to see a bigger and better site that would blow my mind.....see what you think.

The first picture shows the first 3 tanks i encountered and not realising what lay literally round the corner I got very excited and was about to clamber all over them...until I realised they were still booby trapped! Thankfully, the rest of the items were not cursed in the same manner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)   Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)  

Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)   Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)  

Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)   Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)  

Default Re: Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)

And so my eyes got wider and wider.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)   Vehicle & Weapons Scrap yard - Site 2 (The Big One!)  

....and more......

....and still more kit.....

?

Now why don't they hold "Scrapheap Challenge" there !!!!

Gary J.

....nearly there......

.....and that's the lot! As you can imagine, I spent a fair while rooting about and drooling.

The most intriguing part was that bearing in mind all of that kit lying about with no restrictions, there was a shipping container with a big padlock on it - I wonder what on earth was in there????? I suspect it may well have been bayonets amongst other things but would love to have had a shufti!

And that's all folks! I notice that the images don't enlarge too well so if someone wants any particular image enlarging for detail, particularly the weapon heaps let me know and I'll post bigger images - what is the forum limit on image dimensions?

?

I reckon thats the next RRPG site to visit, Steve get the tickets, and ill get me jabs, dont tell DM, He will probably find a V2 somewhere in that lot, and skypilot that must have been awesome to see that much hardware in one place, i should imagine that at the end of ww2 there would have been similar sites dotted around Europe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast