Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WARNING!!! Known Rogue Selling FAKE Stirling Bomber Relic!!!

Article about: Just thought id give a heads up on this. This is the ebay seller Somme_1916 known for inventing fake histories for the aircraft relic items he sells. I went on his website Relics From the Fr

Default WARNING!!! Known Rogue Selling FAKE Stirling Bomber Relic!!!

Just thought id give a heads up on this. This is the ebay seller Somme_1916 known for inventing fake histories for the aircraft relic items he sells. I went on his website Relics From the Front and saw this large heavy piece being touted as from the crash site of a WW2 Short Stirling Bomber-sadly this is utter rubbish as you can clearly see this propeller hub section is from the engine of a B17. One of the prototype Stirlings was fitted with Wright Cyclone engines but it did not go into production and this relic is most definitely not from that prototype. The Short Stirling used the Bristol Hercules engines and the hubs for these are different. I once owned a B17 hub all be it in pieces so though id alert everyone just in case. Hes listed it as rare at £175!!! Regards Tim.Attachment 941161

Generally if a seller advertises ONE dubious part or piece then he's blacklisted in my book. On the subject of plane crashes there is a genuine pile of parts on a remote hill near me from a crashed US Airforce Liberator. No one has bothered to collect them all.