Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

weird ww2 relic on ebay, can anyone identify?

Article about: curious to what this is? was thinking of bidding for it: Battlefield relic found near Arromanches Normandy on eBay (end time 03-May-11 18:29:14 BST) anyone a clue? it reminds me of a conduct

Default weird ww2 relic on ebay, can anyone identify?

curious to what this is? was thinking of bidding for it:

Battlefield relic found near Arromanches Normandy on eBay (end time 03-May-11 18:29:14 BST)

anyone a clue? it reminds me of a conductor or something but I reckon people on here are way more in the know than I ever will be.

thx

Default Re: weird ww2 relic on ebay, can anyone identify?

Its a fuze or part of ,of some sort theres been a few discussions over the years as to what these are from,suggestions have included british mine fuzes with it having A/T stamped on the side (anti-tank),,,but nobody has been able to provide evidence of this and i cannot find any drawings in my mine stuff showing this ,,,i did get a message from someone in EOD saying he had come across these before and they are actually part of a belgian made submunition/bomblet..

attatched image is of the one i had until i had to get rid of my collection,all the others ive seen have been in the same condition,clean brass ,slightly pitted metalwork and easily strippable

added note just found the original message i got ref this item
    "yes, I agree, I 've seen these fuzes at a Belgian EOD unit, assembled on a small HE-filled steel cylinder (pre-fragmentated), which have almost the same outer diameter than the fuze diameter.
    They told me it is for an early Belgian bomblet.
    The fuze is an all-ways action impact fuze."

hope this helps
    allan (spotter)

just added picture of several of the same at a fair
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture weird ww2 relic on ebay, can anyone identify?   weird ww2 relic on ebay, can anyone identify?  

Last edited by spotter; 05-03-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Default Re: weird ww2 relic on ebay, can anyone identify?

aha thanks