Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this?

Article about: Hi, anyone know what this is? It was found along with several mg34 bolts and gurtfuller 34s here in Norway near some old Luftwaffe positions....saltwater relic

Default What is this?

Hi, anyone know what this is? It was found along with several mg34 bolts and gurtfuller 34s here in Norway near some old Luftwaffe positions....saltwater relic

?

Default Re: What is this?

It looks similar to a bolt and breech assembly from a smg of some type or heavier weapon, MG 34-42?

I've actually been looking through parts for the mg34 and 42 but have found nothing resembling this particular one, I've also gotten advice that it might be from some kind of smg, like you suggested, but I have no idea what kind...

?

I actually think it looks like a rusted bipod. But cant really see how big it is

Just discovered a few minutes ago that the relic in question (two years ago) is a badly corroded and incomplete MG 81 bolt (housing without bolt)! It's not much but pretty cool for a local find... plus it's the only one of its kind I've found down there so far

Attachment 523967
    What is this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this?  

That's awesome! Now go back down there and find me one of these neat costal artillery double-decal Kriegsmarine M35's folks seem to keep finding in such places.

You'll be the first to know

While on the subject of relics that I've been trying to identify I'd like to put forth this one to see if anybody can help out...

What is this?What is this?What is this?

It sure looks like some kind of weapon bolt (more or less complete with housing and actual firing pin) but I have no idea for what kind of gun... It measures 12,5 cm from tip to tip and is about 2,5 cm thick. Obviously heavily corroded after 70 years in saltwater but... yeah Any suggestions?

Not trying to rush anyone here but any and all suggestions/thoughts are welcome... brainstorming is most welcome

I've had this relic lying around for 2 years+ now and it's driving me kind of crazy not knowing what it is Finding photos of ww2 german gun bolts, at least for the more obscure weapons, have proven to be very difficult for me... not having all that extensive knowledge re. guns hasn't really helped either

Anyone care to wager a guess as to what exactly the item above could be?