Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this ...aircraft ?

Article about: Just saw this and I seen this photo years ago 1 time also..is there anymore pics on this.. Monster Craft and and literature surrounding its existence?

Default What is this ...aircraft ?

Just saw this and I seen this photo years ago 1 time also..is there anymore pics on this.. Monster Craft and and literature surrounding its existence?

What is this ...aircraft ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?
    Last edited by relicz; 08-29-2015 at 07:43 PM.
    Regards,
    John

?

Oh yeah the fliegender Panzer from Wolfenstein. Just kidding. I have seen it also and thought it was one of the "They Could of built it if they won the war" history channel "Nazi future weapons series"

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Much in this picture has been photoshopped. All the guns and pods and such...but as John has pointed out. It did exist...albeit just briefly.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Good Call John

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Oh yeah the fliegender Panzer from Wolfenstein.
    Flying tanks were actually considered a good idea once:

The Incredible Flying Tanks of WWII

It was that kind of age...

There's a bit more info on my post #9 in this old thread that fills in a few gaps.

Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

as Ned says its Russian.

Many large and strange aircraft were designed and built in the late 20s and 30s, most of which appeared to be constructed to antagonise the air rather than pass through it-'Big' Igor Sikorsky built the world's first large, multi engine aircraft in 1912 in Russia-they've been keen on them ever since...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_Ilya_Muromets