Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What German Vehicle?? AUDI Petrol Cap

Article about: Hi, just got this, I think a gas/petrol? cap, from some type of WW2 German vehicle. It does not say AUDI on it, but has the Audi symbol rings. It is odd that it says "Shell" Is thi

Default What German Vehicle?? AUDI Petrol Cap

Hi, just got this, I think a gas/petrol? cap, from some type of WW2 German vehicle. It does not say AUDI on it, but has the Audi symbol rings.

It is odd that it says "Shell"

Is this the gas company "Shell"??

Any info what this cap writing says on it, and what vehicle it went to will be appreciated.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap   What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap  

What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap   What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap  

What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap   What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap  

What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap  

Default Re: What German Vehicle?? AUDI Petrol Cap

AUTO UNION had the ring emblem ..later used by Audi.

von Ross
    ?

This is DKW motorcycle gas tank cap .

Quote by von Ross View Post
    This is DKW motorcycle gas tank cap .
    Hello von Ross!! are you positive?? WOW! this is great news if so!! I have ridden motorcycles my whole life (51 years so far)

This is much better than automobile petrol cap! for me!! Do you happen to have a picture of the motorcycle it went to?? I will like to see.
    Of my 3 German dog tags I have, 1 of them is a Kradch tag for Motorcycle driver!

Is this true, is this dog tag for the motorcycle driver??

Thank you for your reply and information!!

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap  

Does it look like this one maybe??? I found some info on auto union:

Steve

Brief History of the Marque: DKW

J. S. Rasmussen founded Motorenwerke Rasmussen in Zschopau, Germany in 1906, and entered the motorcycle manufacture with a bicycle motor in 1921. The name DKW was trademarked in 1922 and the firm went on to become one of the largest manufacturers of motorcycles in the world.. By 1928 they were building some 65,000 engine units annually, and DKW engines could be found powering some 60 German marques of the interwar period.

They joined Audi, Wanderer and Horch to form Auto Union in the 1930s, merging again in the 1950s with Victoria and Express to form Zweirad-Union, which in turn was absorbed by Sachs in 1965.

DKW motorcycles employed mostly two-stroke engines and often were technically advanced.

Marques which employed DKW power units include Diamant and Hercules.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What German Vehicle??  AUDI Petrol Cap  

von Ross
    ?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello von Ross!! are you positive?? WOW! this is great news if so!! I have ridden motorcycles my whole life (51 years so far)

This is much better than automobile petrol cap! for me!! Do you happen to have a picture of the motorcycle it went to?? I will like to see.
    Of my 3 German dog tags I have, 1 of them is a Kradch tag for Motorcycle driver!

Is this true, is this dog tag for the motorcycle driver??

Thank you for your reply and information!!

Regards, Steve
    Hello , Steve , you've right , this is dog tag of Kradschuetze . ,, 2 Kradschuetzen Kompanie of 6 Ersatz Battailon , blood group A . tag No 725 , I think so .
    Petrol kap must be from DKW NZ 350 , for example . You can try to find this on mighty GOOGLE
    Like this :

Quote by VERSUCH View Post
    AUTO UNION had the ring emblem ..later used by Audi.

Hello Versuch, OK, thank you, yes this was later AUDI, interesting.

Thanks, Steve

[QUOTE=von Ross;91151]Hello , Steve , you've right , this is dog tag of Kradschuetze . ,, 2 Kradschuetzen Kompanie of 6 Ersatz Battailon , blood group A . tag No 725 , I think so .
    Petrol kap must be from DKW NZ 350 , for example . You can try to find this on mighty GOOGLE
    Like this :

Hi von Ross! The mighty google!! you are funny!

Great, thank you for the pics and information on my cap. I like it much more now.

Nice to have the Kradch tag also with it. Maybe it is the tag from the driver of the bike that used this petrol cap!

Regards, Steve