MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

what would u do?

Article about: Look at diffs n answers in reguards to countrys If we were all sheep wed still be a colony Im so glad i live n states i say by it and tell NO one theyll NEVER get my weapons away from me! St

Default Re: what would u do?

it's btw a single shot pistol..

?

Quote by klokhoane View Post
    it's btw a single shot pistol..

Still, (potentially), asking for major problems in the current climate mate.

Don't know what the gun laws are in the Netherlands, but if they are anywhere like ours in the UK, as I said earlier, I would stay well away from it.

At the end of the day, if you know somthing about guns, i.e. what a flint lock, wheel lock, cap and ball is, you can decide if its so obsolete that its just a wall hanger or not. If you don't know (Which I think is correct, judging by your post) I would also do as others have said. The only thing I would add, is that it may be worth advising the person who has offered you this gun to hand it in to the authorities or if he is worried about questions, destroy it! Sounds harsh, but not as harsh as a Jail term!

?

you should just have him sell it to me lol

I would rather sell it to you Andrew as keeping it myself..
    The rules about these kinds of weapons in the netherlands are quite strict..
    I didn't have seen it but my brother did and he told me that it was a weapon that needed a bullet.
    You're right about the point that i don't know much about it, this beacause it's not really my interest.
    I'm more into ww2 rifles and pistols

cheers,

The little black powder .32 I have is fun to shoot. So far I have been able to hit a 10" paper plate from about 3/4 m regularly but beyond that it's just chance. It takes about 3 min to reload and not knowing the proper amount of powder I use a casing of a .25 cal round as a measure.
    Cheers
    mike

i'm not intending to shoot with the pistol
    The problem is that u can't buy black or gunpowder without a permit.
    I left the gun where it is and didn't buy it. To risky :S

cheers,

stoneagegixer
    ?

Quote by klokhoane View Post
    Hi yall,

I've been offered a single shot pistol from the 19th century.
    Probally used by women/hookers during the period of the wild wild west
    This pistol ISN'T deactivated!
    I don't have a permit so what would u do?

cheers,
    Hey guys,

IMO the advice you gave this guy is a poor one. What's with the "Yellow fever" attitude? How about this. Contact your local or federal agency on laws that regard this particular firearm and go from there.
    Canada fascist laws in regards to weapons is very strick but even here they allow antique guns without permit. Many weapons use obsolete or non existant ammo which you can't buy anymore and there is no rule over owning them! If i'm not mistaken, you can own a black powder weapon with out any paper work. Same goes with flare guns and those you can use to fire shotgun shells!
    Anyway, we are not familiar with your laws so it is up to you to do the leg work....if its too much hasstle then you are out of luck of owning a possible gem.

Stoneagegixer.. Mate you are wrong im afraid. There has been an issue recently where a guy in the UK found a gun in his garden & took it to the police to hand it in!... He was arrested for possesion of a firearm! We have days over here where you can hand guns in without prossecution but outside of them days its highly risky & proven to be so!!!!

Quote by stoneagegixer View Post
    Hey guys,

IMO the advice you gave this guy is a poor one. What's with the "Yellow fever" attitude? How about this. Contact your local or federal agency on laws that regard this particular firearm and go from there.
    Canada fascist laws in regards to weapons is very strick but even here they allow antique guns without permit. Many weapons use obsolete or non existant ammo which you can't buy anymore and there is no rule over owning them! If i'm not mistaken, you can own a black powder weapon with out any paper work. Same goes with flare guns and those you can use to fire shotgun shells!
    Anyway, we are not familiar with your laws so it is up to you to do the leg work....if its too much hasstle then you are out of luck of owning a possible gem.
    I agree with this post. Check it out first and who knows? You might have good collectible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast