Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 Uboat U122 or U123 in Medway, Kent

Article about: Hi, I found out and wrote a page about U122/U123 a WW1 U-Boat of UBIII Class that sits on the mud flats of the Medway in Kent, England even to this day. I became interested in this U-Boat be

Default Re: WW1 Uboat U122 or U123 in Medway, Kent

any chance of seeing the relics you pulled off it good posts by the way

hi dave,I got them about 20years ago when she was'nt so deep in the mud.I would not know where to look now.sorry.

thanks for taking the time to reply sounds like you have collected quite a bit over the years very intresting story thanks all the same dave.

Brant, sorry bud, ya got that wrong. This sub was not a WW2 long range sub, but a WW1 sub. There was a U122/123 in both wars. Danny

gavinparson
    ?

Quote by mugshot View Post
    Oops sorry, I was abit too excited, it seems there is more to this than meets the eyes. I believe it is actually UB122 but could still possibly be U122 or U123!

To know for sure I would have to go out there with a tape measure and find out its length.
    We took two hovercraft out to the sub again this weekend to try and measure it. Unfortunately the bow section had fallen away and the stern and rudder and missing making it difficult to get an exact length.

The measurements were took were 52.5m long excluding the missing rudder and about 4.5 metres wide.

Here's some picture I took on this trip. WW1 U boat. River Medway - a set on Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2