Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Unearthed

Article about: Is there any way to view it down here in Australia because the I player dose not work if you are outside the UK. Morris

Default WW2 Unearthed

Did anyone watch this on Sunday ? Looks a good series

If you missed it watch it here:
    BBC iPlayer - World War II Unearthed

Nick

'Dan Snow reveals the role Northern Ireland played in the Battle of the Atlantic during the Second World War, and how excavations in Italy illustrate Northern Irish soldiers' experiences on the battlegrounds of Europe. Plus, divers explore sunken U-boats and a wartime Spitfire is dredged from an Irish bog.'
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: WW2 Unearthed

Morning Nick I watched two episodes last night it was on the History channel here in Canada .
    The spit fire they recovered from the peat was very cool and much of it was still intact ie.. Browning machine guns they even went as far as to clean one up and bring it to the range and remote fire a belt of ammo through it.
    All and all a very good program I hope it continues and the do some relic hunting on the continent

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 07-17-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: fix text

Yes Mark, it was amazing to see the Brownings fire after 70 years in a bog !

Great to see Churchill tank too !

How sad that 160 captured U Boats were used as target practice and sunk

Fascinating that RAF and Luftwaffe internees in Ireland roamed the local town together !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The other fact I found quite interesting was that there were a fair amount of marriages between local woman from the town and the prisoners one being held right in the camp. It was amazing that the pilots flight helmet as well as a portion of that instruction manual were so well preserved .

Regards Mark K

Yeah good series called "dig ww2" in canada.
    Still nothing beats greatest tank battles :-)

?

I just wish they would make some new episodes of greatest tank battles as I have seen them all now awsome series though.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    The other fact I found quite interesting was that there were a fair amount of marriages between local woman from the town and the prisoners one being held right in the camp. It was amazing that the pilots flight helmet as well as a portion of that instruction manual were so well preserved .

Regards Mark K
    Yes, its incredible, a delight to see

Nick

I watched the whole series on BBC iplayer a few weeks back . All very good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Aww, the BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    Aww, the BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK
    Shame

Try and catch it somewhere else Vegar, it is worth it !

Nick

Nick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast