Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Unearthed

Article about: Is there any way to view it down here in Australia because the I player dose not work if you are outside the UK. Morris

Default Re: WW2 Unearthed

Is there any way to view it down here in Australia because the I player dose not work if you are outside the UK.
    Morris

Hi morris,I believe its being shown on the History Channel, check it out

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Meh- I don't much care for Dan Snow- he does that really bad 'Battle Castle' show here in Canada too; the stories were interesting enough I suppose and it was cool that they got that Browning firing again, but I haven't been impressed with the show yet. Why they'd name it something good there in the UK and lame here in Canada is disappointing as well LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I too watched it and found it fascinating,amazing even the tyres were still inflated!,and the Browning being able to fire like it was built yesterday was also amazing!

It is an interesting show, but I have problems with Dan Snow.........

.....why couldn't they have got one of us lot to present it ! We'd have done a better job and would have been able to speak so much more authoritively on the subjects !

?

The difference being that Dan Snow has a relatively famous father, Peter, who has been broadcasting since the year dot, but Dan Snow stated that he was a military historian, just how long has he been doing it for, 3-4 yrs, and then theres the fact that he's reasonably good looking, has TV presence, money, some of the things that poor old Steve T is sadly lacking, BUT I COULD DO IT, WHOO HOO

They need someone who appeals to the general TV viewing public who doesnt bore people to death with too much heavy detail.

The programme is shown on a prime time viewing slot and needs to cater for the non-ardent WW2 enthusiasts also.

If they had a geeky, boring, monotone presenter the BBC wouldnt buy it and it would be shown on some obscure channel at three in the morning

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    If they had a geeky, boring, monotone presenter the BBC wouldnt buy it and it would be shown on some obscure channel at three in the morning

Nick
    DAVE !! You're IN !!!!

?

You always have to wait for someone to feed you the line, its like reading a script from the two Ronnies

Question Re: WW2 Unearthed

Is there anyplace a chap in the USA can view this series? I have heard that snow is not the greatest... but something is better than nothing... we DO have "Greatest Tank Battles" however.

I have a friend that was in a Sherman during WW2 and he does not find thyat show very entertaining. Guess you had to not be there to see what happened to most of the tank crews...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast