Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..

Article about: Hi, I picked this Helmet up recently. I am trying to make sure this Helmet is Authentic . There is no serial number stamped on it, but the inside head straps clearly state that the helmet be

Helmetman25
    ?

Default 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..

Hi,

I picked this Helmet up recently. I am trying to make sure this Helmet is Authentic . There is no serial number stamped on it, but the inside head straps clearly state that the helmet belongs to the 4th SS Panzergrenadier Division. The SS Decal seems to be authentic, while the Party insignia does not seem right. I made the mistake of letting my wife look at the helmet. She carelessly picked the helmet up and the Nazi Decal Symbol peeled off. This I am worried about. Does this helmet look authentic? Any help is really appreciated. I am newer to collecting . 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..

2. # ADS

Welcome to the forum, someone will be along to answer your questions shortly.

Regards, Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Bring the helmet back and ask for a full refund ASAP!
    This helmet is crap, junk, whatever...
    The only thing that might be good is the shell with fake paint. Even the splittpins are not right.

Sorry, this is a big NO!!!!

You can compare with a couple of helmets here: SS STEEL Inc. | Finest Original WW2 Steel Helmets

Your wife did not do anything to exasperate the situation, as this one's all bad from the get-go... if, at all, she helped reveal it for the mockery that it is... sorry, my friend, but this is junk. Get a refund IF you can!

Helmetman25
    ?

Thank you for the replies guys. I will get it returned. I did not pay much for it. I kind of took a gamble on it. I am assuming that the helmet is a M1916 ?? Re-painted with fake decals ? I assumed there would be a different decal for a polizei ....

He comes to mind...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division Deouble Decal Helmet; Need Help to see if its real..  

Welcome to the forum my friend, I am glad you paid very little for this as that is exactly what it is worth, in monetary terms and even less in historical value as it is completely trashed WW1 helmet. The Third Reich did utilise WW1 helmets in many branches of service but this is not one of them. A terrible shade of green that resembles nothing used at the time and exceptionally inaccurate fake decals. I hope you get your money back without any problems. Leon.

?

From now on do remember thumb rule number 1:
    ALWAYS take quality daylight photos of ANYTHING you are interested in BEFORE you pay even 1 peso.

Dont be afraid for loosing it during the wait to see if it is genuine or not. - There are still plenty of genuine stuff out there.

Good luck.