Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Above ground finding, genuine decal?

Article about: Ok first let me say that i´ve been looking at the stickys and been searching the threads, to be honest at some of the pictures where a fake decal is shown i can´t tell what is the fake part

?

Default Above ground finding, genuine decal?

Ok first let me say that i´ve been looking at the stickys and been searching the threads, to be honest at some of the pictures where a fake decal is shown i can´t tell what is the fake part of it, so thats why i post another one of these "is this real".

The helmet is offered as a M40, above ground finding in Ukraine, and this guy i know bought it at germanhelmetawards.com . I add these pictures he sent to me, and his asking price is approx 900 usd. Can you please help me out here, my first reaction was the decal is not centered, but then i´ve seen some that are not and that are valued as genuine. And, not all that good on this but is it not a M35 ? i appreciate all inputs here, the pictures are before and after cleaning. Thanks / Fred

Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?Above ground finding, genuine decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Above ground finding, genuine decal?
    P
    Many

?

Decal is a good Q and the helmet is a Quist M40 (can tell by the shape of the vent hole) so judging by what's been presented your good to go.

As well a slightly misaligned decal under the vent is unusual but not out of question.

When the big guy says "good to go" that's a big 10-4 good buddy!!!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks Doug, i appreciate it!

?

Good Q SS for me as well.

?

Your welcome but always please check in hand with at least a 20 power loupe to look for signs of modern mechanical printing or silk screening. Any opinion by anyone on forums, including me, must be verified by a detailed in hand inspection.

That said I see no red flags or signs of tampering and the piece pre and post cleaning looks honest to me.

Hi Fred, I agree with all the above opinions, it appears to be a good Q decal, the runes have the correct positioning to the shield and the slightly differing "points" to them. If your happy with the price then it will be a nice addition to any collection. Leon.

?

Thanks for all of your inputs on this! I will check it with a magnifier as soon as i get it, and the guy says i can send it back and get full refund if it would turn out to be a fake, feels good! The price is pretty high, or at least its a lot of money to me, but i really want it so that will be all worth it, i dont buy it to invest or make money, i buy it because i wanted one (or more) since i was 7 years old! :-)