Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Advice appreciated

Article about: Hi, came across this helmet for sale, it is \\$550 usd, the seller claims it to be ss, just after any opinions on authenticity.

Default Advice appreciated

Hi, came across this helmet for sale, it is $550 usd, the seller claims it to be ss, just after any opinions on authenticity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice appreciated   Advice appreciated  

Advice appreciated   Advice appreciated  

Advice appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice appreciated
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Run away. NS did NOT make SS helmets.

The price...even with a nearly gone decal should be a yellow flag as well

Is it a dealer selling it? Or private?

Finally, and this is a moot point anyway based on the above, but from my cell phone this "decal" composition is all wrong. Looks painted
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Looking now on my PC. I'm concerned about the liner and what looks like a near relic condition of the liner band. The rear part of the band looks pitted and cracked while the liner is in excellent shape with what looks like fake wear (although the rear stitching is still nice an white)

The photos are "just ever so slightly" blurry to obscure (for me) any real analysis. I do see multi layers of paint with what appears to be a black coat at one time. And as said earlier, the decal is not a decal at all.

Again...this is all moot given the NS / SS issue. But a put together helmet IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Mike is right. The NS factory never had a contract to make SS helmets. This one is a hard NO!

Even if it tuned out that this one had been on the correct shell and with an original decal would you really want it? It would not have the collectability of a nice example which would make it harder to sell if you wanted to.

Andy

Why iis it that so many of these "named" helmets all seem to be
    done in the same hand writing, using the same white paint ?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

As said, a big NO! Nothing even closely relating to an SS helmet, the "decal" has not metallic element to it and as said NS = NO SS!! Leon.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Why iis it that so many of these "named" helmets all seem to be
    done in the same hand writing, using the same white paint ?
    Greg - i have noticed this in the past, but then have also seen period photos of helmets with the name written in the back in large white letters like this.
    I tried to find the exact photo i was thinking of but was not able to. I will try again later.
    Nick