Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Advise Needed

Article about: Hey guys, just was offered this SS relic lid and I have no idea what to think. The pictures aren't great and I know these are highly faked. Good or Bad? Thanks.

Default Advise Needed

Hey guys, just was offered this SS relic lid and I have no idea what to think. The pictures aren't great and I know these are highly faked. Good or Bad? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advise Needed   Advise Needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advise Needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Advise Needed

A few more pics. These are the best that were sent. He said he threw in a repro liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advise Needed   Advise Needed  

Advise Needed  

?

You would want to pass on this one.

I figured that you would say that Doug. Is the decal wrong? These things are very deceiving for the novice collector. Thanks Doug!

The decal is not wrong, it is VERY wrong. And I seeing things, or is the decal red?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    The decal is not wrong, it is VERY wrong. And I seeing things, or is the decal red?
    The decal does appear redish but the pictures are horrible. Figures, I can't even find a poorman's SS relic that's real

If you ever see a decal that is as red as this one, toss it in the trash heap.

?

Yeah the graphics are way off anything close to resembling real, shield shape as well not to mention the red. I would consult as a starting point the SS Decal thread I started so you can compare. If you are looking for an SS helmet a good place to compare a decal to is to see if it matches one of the common ones I have posted. Then you go to maker, lot number, liner, paint, etc to see how it shapes up. I think using that advice you can quickly rule out a lot of junk yourself and thin the fake herd so to speak. Be patient, they are out there.

Thank you Doug and everyone! I knew i could count on you guy!!! Also, if anyone has a real, junk relic SS lid, I would possibly like to buy it one day.

?

Red, green, purple, it doesnt matter. The decal is bad (not to mention the rest of the helmet), steer clear of it my friend!

Samir