Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.

Article about: Thanks Samir! I'm just glad I could finally get up some better pictures for you before I go out of town again...why would they put two stickers on top of each other?

Default Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.

Doug asked me to put up some better pics. If these aren't good enough, I will break out the tripod and try to get some more...

I would also like to clarify, I am not trying to sell this helmet. I just want to know what I have, if it is real and I am curious what it is worth. It has been in my family a long time and I plan to pass it on to the next generation.

I appreciate your feedback and I will be happy to take more pictures if you would like me to...

Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.

Still not clear. Use a tripod. It will help avoid "camera shake". Make sure you set your camera in macro mode.

These look like cell phone pics.
    You must do much better if you want to know if it is good or not.
    Here is a example of one of my pics. This type of pic is what we need to see please.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi there,i was staying out of this one,only for the reason that the pictures are not "sharp"/clear enough for a good honest opinion.That said I will point out that this helmet appears to have had at least two runic decals applied as I can see the border of on peeping through from under the visable one(pictured).The decals look as though they may(possibly)be pochers,it is just the way the paint has been "squashed" where the liner rivets were that seems a bit odd to me,i would NOT expect that from a factory finished helmet?Maybe a field re-paint and then new pocher's applied??I certainly do not think that this was a "blackie"though,the paintwork just does not look right to me. Just my thoughts and by no means a definite answer!! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet. 

?

One thing I learned about collecting German helmets: Never evaluate a helmet based on blurry pics. A rule that must never be broken. I wouldn't evaluate a Luftwaffe based on blurry pics let alone an SS. There's also holes in his story. For instance, he want's an appraisal for insurance purposes, but yet he has his kids playing with it? Until he get's clear pics that the forum requires, i'm going to continue to shoot this helmet down.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    One thing I learned about collecting German helmets: Never evaluate a helmet based on blurry pics. A rule that must never be broken. I wouldn't evaluate a Luftwaffe based on blurry pics let alone an SS. There's also holes in his story. For instance, he want's an appraisal for insurance purposes, but yet he has his kids playing with it? Until he get's clear pics that the forum requires, i'm going to continue to shoot this helmet down.
    The one thing i have learned is that i would never BUY a helmet like this with the information provided!! I am just making observations from the little provided,not a judgement on authenticity as that is impossible. If i had this one in hand i still doubt that i would be happy with it,there just seem to many oddities with it,even with these poor pictures! Leon.

?

I can't wait to see some new clear pics of this lid. I hope it's all original and if so, you're a lucky guy to own a real M 35 double decal SS lid! I'd love to own one even in this condition, especially if it was a family heirloom. I would also pass it down to my children , when they were responsible, not five years old playing GI Joe in the backyard!

?

Hi you still need clear photos of the decals. The entire helmet has been painted with what looks like postwar green house paint, note the wrinkling, and its also painted inside the shell the same color, and under where the liner pins were. There is also grey and another shade of green plus the black underneath.

Turn your camera to macro mode (flower) and take the photos head on. Go to the SS Runic Decal reference thread pinned in the SS Decal section to see what a clear photo should look like.

Thanks for the effort, it is appreciated.

Doug

Here are some more pics from the macro mode even though I don't have a true macro lens...I think they came out much better! The number on the back lid of the helmet is 2854. The number over the left ear is very hard to make out beause of the paint but it looks like F66.

I agree with the person above who said it looks like there are two of the SS stickers. It looks like the top one chipped off at the top and there is another one below it.

Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.Better pics...of my grandfather's helmet.

?

SS decal appears to have the expected traits of a Pocher, party shield also appears to have the traits of a Pocher as well, but that's just my opinion. Best to wait for Doug if you want a more definitive answer.

Samir

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast