Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black SS M35

Article about: Help please ... your expertise required on this one. Batch 1151 Manufacturer Q66

Default Black SS M35

Help please ... your expertise required on this one.
    Black SS M35Black SS M35Black SS M35Black SS M35Black SS M35Black SS M35Black SS M35Black SS M35Batch 1151
    Manufacturer Q66

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS M35
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Stevade,

IMHO....Save your $

Not that we can really see anything from the photos.

Funny have the whole bottom edge of the Runic decal is scrubbed (well at least to my eyes).

I won't even comment on the paint but the SS Runes should be below the break on a Q SS decals. Unless this is a Pocher but I can't tell anything from the photos to be honest
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Of course better images needed. There would not be a Q decal on this...a Pocher it should be & is showing expected outline of runes seen on Pochers. But better images are needed. Odd too that there is no black paint under the chips, damage of the Nat. shield. Were the decals masked off or re-applied Pochers over the black. Can't tell
    D.

I mean the fact that only the bottom edge of the SS decal is scrubbed off/missing is a bit of a give away that something isn't right, apart from the black paint. ( but black painted helmets existed, so who knows)
    Probably used to be a nice M35 given that we can still see the apple/pea green paint in the dome.
    Luis

Another thing I forgot to mention....well a couple of things. I have seen "blackies" in this condition. So that's not the issue. This helmet you need to know it's provenance. Not so much where it was picked up, but a line of ownership the last 75 years. Who is the seller ? Where & from whom was this obtained ? A helmet of this caliber should be well known in the collecting community. We are speaking of at least $20K for a real one. Why the "shotty pics"....you have some work to do researching this before even thinking about it.
    First you need some good pics.....then you go from there after it's been deemed real or fake
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    ....There would not be a Q decal on this...a Pocher it should be & is showing expected outline of runes seen on Pochers. But better images are needed. Odd too that there is no black paint under the chips, damage of the Nat. shield. Were the decals masked off or re-applied Pochers over the black. Can't tell
    D.
    Thanks David. I'm always learning and defer to your expertise so would like to learn a bit more. I thought that Q used their own decal, except for a period in 1939?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks all for your sound advice and expertise ..... it certainly is a mine field.
    This weekend I’ve come across 2 Dodgy Helmets and a Postchutz Dagger with an incorrect clip but being sold as right ..... all at high costs from reputable dealers.
    Thank God we have the Forum.
    The SS Helmet is currently being sold at the following..
    Militarische Antiquitaten | Purveyors Of Authentic German Militaria for the Helmets and the
    Ruptured Duck for the Postschutz Dagger.
    There is a minty M35 Heer on this web site .... again I have my concerns.
    Last edited by Stevade; 06-24-2019 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Spell check

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks David. I'm always learning and defer to your expertise so would like to learn a bit more. I thought that Q used their own decal, except for a period in 1939?
    Every M35 "blackie" I have seen has been re sprayed black, sometimes only the exterior with Pocher decals added. These of course were not factory sprayed...so they would not get their hands on a Quist decal. There are a few to look at on the other forum.
    D.

MAP
    ?

Thanks D. Informative. A new bit of info to tuck away. Makes perfect sense

I have learnt that this Batch 1151 was allocated for Q Blackies .... Also 1151 does appear in Hicks SS Steel Publication ... can anyone prove otherwise as I do not have the Book to compare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast