Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Camo chicken wire double decal M40: opinions?

Article about: As a new member I am very impressed with this forum. I would like to post photos of this helmet for your comments. I understand the fakers have become quite skillful, makes collecting a chal

Default re: Camo chicken wire double decal M40: opinions?

Quote by jfxcushman View Post
    The helmet was sold as a repro. It was $350.
    lol, Why some people do certain things I will never know...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo chicken wire double decal M40: opinions?
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    ???
    If you knew it was a repro why are you asking for opinions if its real? On the hope it might be real? Sorry I don't get it. If this were real - an M40 Double Decal Normandy Chickenwire camo in near mint condition it would fetch $35,000 not $350 and it would sell in 5 seconds and be THE single most sought after helmet by collectors on the planet.
    ???
    Hello Doug, is that really how much it would go for? not that i doubt your knowledge of such things at all I'm simply asking.

Regards Phill

?

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Hello Doug, is that really how much it would go for? not that i doubt your knowledge of such things at all I'm simply asking.

Regards Phill
    Phil I'd pay that in seconds and donate my left nut but then I'm nuts. :-)

That said I know a lot of collectors that would as well. A DD SS M40 in mint condition is worth 20-25. Add Normandy camo and real wire. You would have THE top lid anywhere, hands down.

Quote by DougB View Post
    ???
    If you knew it was a repro why are you asking for opinions if its real? On the hope it might be real? Sorry I don't get it. If this were real - an M40 Double Decal Normandy Chickenwire camo in near mint condition it would fetch $35,000 not $350 and it would sell in 5 seconds and be THE single most sought after helmet by collectors on the planet.
    ???
    Maybe just another test , there seem to be a lot of people here lately with strange motives...

Thank you all for your expertise. As I know little concerning helmets, I was hoping I could learn from you all. That is why I joined the forum, to get constructive, positve feedback and not a bunch of rhetoric. There was absolutely no intent to deceive, as I freely stated the price paid. Because I was not sure of the authenticity, I posted the photos.
    It has taken me years to discern a good honest Luger from a fake, I am sure it will take me time to learn legitimate helmets from the fakes. I have found the feedback on my Luger forum to be invariably constructive and helpful to my knowledge base, aand I am very pleased to have received the constructive feedback so far here. In the near future I will post two more helmets hopefully with better outcome.
    Jerry

the biggest question of them all doug do you have one..................

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    the biggest question of them all doug do you have one..................
    I WISH! I don't think there is a full wire DD SS M40 Normandy camo in this condition out there! At least not that I can recall or know of. That's what makes this helmet so sexy to a collector and why it was sold as a repro, as Bob says it pushes all the buttons of condition, rarity and desirability.

?

Quote by jfxcushman View Post
    Thank you all for your expertise. As I know little concerning helmets, I was hoping I could learn from you all. That is why I joined the forum, to get constructive, positve feedback and not a bunch of rhetoric. There was absolutely no intent to deceive, as I freely stated the price paid. Because I was not sure of the authenticity, I posted the photos.
    It has taken me years to discern a good honest Luger from a fake, I am sure it will take me time to learn legitimate helmets from the fakes. I have found the feedback on my Luger forum to be invariably constructive and helpful to my knowledge base, aand I am very pleased to have received the constructive feedback so far here. In the near future I will post two more helmets hopefully with better outcome.
    Jerry
    Jerry if your buying repro SS helmets and hoping they might be real I'd save your money as they will be repro. Real SS sell for big money, real SS DD for huge money, real DD SS M40 Normandy camo's with full wire basket in near mint condition, you've just paid your kids college education....or spent it LOL.

On the bright side your kid will have a fancy hat to wear to his job at McDonalds when he doesn't get that college education...

Default Re: Camo chicken wire double decal M40: opinions?

A very open minded McDonalds branch manager that allows this kind of safety clothing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast