Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

camo ss helmet

Article about: hello i'm new to this forum and i'm looking for your advice to help me on this helmet belonging to the 17th ss. it comes with a certificate of authenticity from Selles Military : Achat et ve

Default camo ss helmet

hello
    i'm new to this forum and i'm looking for your advice to help me on this helmet belonging to the 17th ss. it comes with a certificate of authenticity from Selles Military : Achat et vente de matériel militaire de collection - Static Line but when it comes to ss helmet , i prefer to be sure even if i know the source and his origins. it has no interior, and it has been cleaned...
    thank you in advance for your precious help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture camo ss helmet   camo ss helmet  

camo ss helmet   camo ss helmet  

camo ss helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement camo ss helmet
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Not a real decal, and helmet itself is in almost relic condition. I would pass on this one.

Cheers,
    Terry

Hi Jerry, welcome to the forum. I agree 100% with Terry, that is a heavily rusted relic shell that has had a repaint and fake decal applied. It is trying to be an ET type decal, but I am not convinced at all. Leon.

?

The COA is from Static Line whcih used to be in St Mere Eglise but is now in St Contest just outside Caen , but even that looks like a photo copy !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I know Jean michel Selles ( from Static line ) and you are right this is a photocopy i made from the original, this helmet is not on sale on his site but the seller ask him for a COA, and this is why i 'm waiting for your expertise to talk to Jean Michel.

But it has a Certificate of Authenticity - it must be real!

If the gentleman from Static Line is a straight shooter, there is a very good possibility that the COA is a forgery. COA's are worthless, it is best to post the piece here for honest reviews before purchasing if you aren't sure of the piece or comfortable with your own ability to judge it. Going for a camo SS without having a very good working knowledge of the subject is perilous and can lead to some VERY EXPENSIVE mistakes. Jim G.

yes i know for sure that static line did the COA but it is not enough for me, i got a little knowledge on ss helmet but because of the coa i have some doubts ..i know it is too good to be true in a way and i won't purchase it if i still have doubts...

Quote by jerry70 View Post
    yes i know for sure that static line did the COA but it is not enough for me, i got a little knowledge on ss helmet but because of the coa i have some doubts ..i know it is too good to be true in a way and i won't purchase it if i still have doubts...
    "If" you have doubts? As Terry stated, the deal is BAD. There shouldn't be any doubt at all.

Awful ;-( but it is "real", it just isn't any good...

The helmet is fake.
    Never buy a item because there is a COA .Having a COA does not prouve anything just that the guy seller the item think is good or wants you to think is it good.
    chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast