Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo SS M40

Article about: G'day guys, can any of you very knowledgable gents give me your 0pinion on this lid, more importantly the Runes? Phill

Default Camo SS M40

Camo SS M40Camo SS M40G'day guys, can any of you very knowledgable gents give me your 0pinion on this lid, more importantly the Runes?

Phill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo SS M40
    P
    Many

Default re: Camo SS M40

What's the maker ? Runes are no good IMO.

Default re: Camo SS M40

Can't say, the owner says he can't read them as there too faint and from the pics i've seen i can makeout lotnmbr 1830 bit thats just a guess.

Default Re: Camo SS M40

The camo look Norvegian post-war with fake SS.
    chris

I would pass on this one.

?

Looks a bit like the decal was put on over the camo colour, i think its suspect as well

?

No question its a fake decal which equals fake camo.

?

I am no expert in helmet and decals. How do you guys figure out it's a fake decal. To the untrained eye it looks quite legit. Hope to learn something here.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I am no expert in helmet and decals. How do you guys figure out it's a fake decal. To the untrained eye it looks quite legit. Hope to learn something here.
    It's kind of hard to explain. You just have to look at a lot of originals. Once you get your eyes trained to it, fakes stick out like sore thumbs.

With this particular example the decal graphics are incorrect. The weathering is artificial as well. It's just no good.

Take a good look at some of the helmets here:

SS_Steel_original_helmets

Look at each one including the wear and the decals. Then look at the one from this thread and you will see what I mean. I'm sure Doug would be happy to provide pictures of some of his SS helmets as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast