Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Camo ss questions

Article about: Hello, I was just wondering a camo ss even existed. If they did, how rare are they and where would they be used?

Default Re: Camo ss questions

The wire is so tight on that thing i don't know how they would be able to fit any twigs or leaves in it. Wire camos are dangerous, I would never even think about buying one with only this picture to go by.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo ss questions
    P
    Many

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    Attachment 413243Here is the front of the helmets camo. Not going to bother with the decal because a. want to find out myself and b. Too far away.... Also Doug, I wish I was you with all the ss helmets. Seems like you have them all
    If I were you, I would NOT trust my own judgement in purchasing an SS helmet, especially one with a camo paint scheme and chicken wire. When these things seem too good to be true, they usually are.

Again, if I were you I would post the hell out of all the photos available and get as much help on this potential purchase as possible.

They say: "A fool and his money are easily parted"... It would be foolish for you to not take advantage of the fine gentlemen on this forum who are a wealth of information!

Camo ss questionsCamo ss questionsCamo ss questionsCamo ss questions

- - Updated - -

Here they are..... These are all the pictures I have at the time. I asked for more and I'm waiting.......

I can understand being perhaps a little cautious to post too much information about a find because people may swoop in and purchase it out from under you... but still, the members here are good guys and will be great about helping you. I wish there was a counter that could keep track of how much money this forum has saved fellow collectors.

From the one picture shown, I doubt it is a period original. As always, many better pics are needed, but I think the wire is the wrong type for WWII in Europe and the dusting or whatever it is looks like an attempt at making it more convincing IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Also, still trying to teach myself

- - Updated - -

Quote by Bond View Post
    From the one picture shown, I doubt it is a period original. As always, many better pics are needed, but I think the wire is the wrong type for WWII in Europe and the dusting or whatever it is looks like an attempt at making it more convincing IMHO.
    Just added some

The inside looks rather blue... perhaps a Luftwaffe helmet repainted?

I was wondering if that was suppost to be there or not.... A shame if it was a luftwaffe.

I was wondering if that was suppost to be there or not.... A shame if it was a luftwaffe.
    I am FAR from an expert on helmets. I'd wait for one of the BIG GUNS to respond ... aka Ade, DoubB, SSamir

Also, still trying to teach myself

- - Updated - -

Just added some
    I saw they were there after I posted. A shame they are not bigger to enable a closer examination of the wire, the paint and the decal, but I still stand by my post. As someone else posted, mostly, if it is too good to be true, it ain't. This would be a very desirable and valuable helmet and anyone who is capable of posting it on the web would be capable of finding out it's value and would probably offer it to a big dealer IMO.

I can also see it has a dome stamp, another nice bonus for a buyer,or rather another bit of pimping for the unwary.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast