Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ckl 66 m42 ss

Article about: Had to move this M42 CKL 66 SS a few months ago to pay for my M35 ET 68. Thought I would toss this up for fun. Plus, the SS is a textbook example for future reference for anyone looking to b

Default Ckl 66 m42 ss

Had to move this M42 CKL 66 SS a few months ago to pay for my M35 ET 68. Thought I would toss this up for fun. Plus, the SS is a textbook example for future reference for anyone looking to buy one. That's what one should look like.

I think I did the right thing. I enjoy the M35 ET heer more than the SS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ckl 66 m42 ss   Ckl 66 m42 ss  

Ckl 66 m42 ss   Ckl 66 m42 ss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ckl 66 m42 ss
    P
    Many

I would have had a hard time parting with that SS helmet! You do have 2 kidneys, mmm..... Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I would have had a hard time parting with that SS helmet! You do have 2 kidneys, mmm..... Jim G.
    Jim...was a tough decision....how ever....there is so much more to look at with an M35 heer.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Jim...was a tough decision....how ever....there is so much more to look at with an M35 heer.
    I'd take that M35 anyday over the 42 SS. I think you made the right choice!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'd take that M35 any day over the 42 SS. I think you made the right choice!
    I'd take BOTH!! ......... but I'd also love to know the stories behind them ( and their pickups ) as much as the actual item.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I'd take BOTH!! ......... but I'd also love to know the stories behind them ( and their pickups ) as much as the actual item.
    LoL...greedy...

In a perfect world, yes. But if you had to pick...a near mint DD M35 Heer in a bathtub size is a rare beast indeed. And my favorite color.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

David - if you have any further SS helmets you wish to get rid of please let me know! (if I can afford it)
    I'm working every hour under the sun trying to save up for one - Christmas is sooo expensive though.

Both beautiful helmets BTW.
    You can see the tell tale signs of ET SS decal - shield border size and curvature, runes placement on the break.
    As I've said before, you always seem to find the best examples.
    Nick

Morning David, a lovely ckl SS M42 that could be a slightly better looking blood brother to my own! I would find it hard to choose between either lid on their day, both great examples.
    Here's my battle tired "ugly kid" brother for comparison!!Ckl 66 m42 ssCkl 66 m42 ssCkl 66 m42 ss

That is indeed one of the BEST DD Heer helmets on the planet, and like you, I really like the big shells. My problem is whenever I let a piece go, and I don't do it very often, I miss it. That may be why I try to double up on helmet "types", so that if a trade possibility arises and I have to part with a great piece, I still have an example to look at. Cheers, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    That is indeed one of the BEST DD Heer helmets on the planet, and like you, I really like the big shells. My problem is whenever I let a piece go, and I don't do it very often, I miss it. That may be why I try to double up on helmet "types", so that if a trade possibility arises and I have to part with a great piece, I still have an example to look at. Cheers, Jim G.
    True Jim. A few ways of looking at this. Always a good discussion late nights at the SOS. Thing is, an M42 SS one can lay out $6K...really all you are buying is a decal at that price. Plus...they are somewhat easy to find at shows & a couple of websites. An M35 minty Heer is tough to find. They rarely are available anyplace. It took me over a year to talk the owner into selling me that M35. That's not one you will see sitting on a table at a show, an SS M42...much easier to replace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast