Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Combat reissued SS

Article about: Was looking for a combat SS helmet, one that just screamed "been there" for my war room to complete what I call "Combat Corner", something salty but still presentable. I

?

Default Re: Combat reissued SS

Thanks for the compliments gents. Bob, that is my feeling as well, a late war SS conscript from a defunct or disbanded Heer unit.

Dean, that would mean parting with them, sorry they're not going anywhere lol!

William, I am fortunate to own many SS examples. You see here a small fraction of my SS helmet collection, but it's my passion and my special area of study.

Martin, plenty out there my friend lol!

Jim, yeah this unique one would be a perfect fit for your collection actually! I was surprised it was there so long.

Special thanks to Chris (stonemint) for vetting the red piped EM SS cap in hand a couple years ago too! It looked the part to me but they are so heavily faked I wanted the best to check her out.

Thanks for he compliments, it's a fun corner to be stuck when you're bad lol.

Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat reissued SS
    P
    Many

Yeeeeaaahhhh, great corner! I´m very interested at that glas frame on the top at the wall. Is that a Vet Konvolut? Can you share us this frame?
    Thanks
    Nikolaus

I'd had my eye on that lid for awhile but couldn't pull the trigger on it. I have to say it looks better in your photos than the sellers!

?

just curious where was this helmet posted?

?

what an outstanding collection of ss helmets, you must have a really good income sir, much better than a pension in my humble opinion,very nive . george w

?

Mate don't want to offend, but are all those helmets original???? And where the he'll can I find one??? Lol

Quote by thekid View Post
    From memory it was Helmet Walhalla and WAF

Outstanding collection! When I die I want to go to that corner, my idea of heaven

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by qotd View Post
    Mate don't want to offend, but are all those helmets original???? And where the he'll can I find one??? Lol
    No offence taken, and yes they are all real. Many are published in one of Kelly's books and named/researched pieces as well. Actually they are there if you know where to find them, Dave at ww2germanhelmets.com gets some out of the woodwork, but networking with fellow collectors is usually the best bet.

Quote by thekid View Post
    It was for sale with a collector/dealer named Jeremy who I know through the GHW forum WW2 German, Japanese and U.S. Helmets for Sale | WW2 German Helmets, WWII Japanese Helmets, WW2 US Helmets!

Quote by Nikolaus View Post
    Yeeeeaaahhhh, great corner! I´m very interested at that glas frame on the top at the wall. Is that a Vet Konvolut? Can you share us this frame?
    Thanks
    Nikolaus
    Hi Nikolaus, I am not sure what you mean by a Vet Konvolut? If you mean a vet bringback and the LAH insignia grouping, then yes a veteran liberated them off a German SS soldier he took as prisoner after D Day in Normandy. He sold them directly to a collector who had them a long time and I was able to acquire the set a few years ago.

Thanks for the compliments, its a fun corner and a nice helmet that compliments it well. Cheers
    Doug

(edit) I didnt post a photo of it but here you go

Attachment 207252
    Last edited by DougB; 05-26-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Beautiful helmet and beautiful M44 dot above.

I also saw this one for sale for a long time. Glad to see it made it into good hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2