Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? $1500

Article about: I'm sure I'll be able to negotiate a bit...

?

Default Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? $1500

I'm sure I'll be able to negotiate a bit...

Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? 00Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? 00Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? 00Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? 00Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? 00

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Courland Pocket SS Helmet... fair price for condition? 00
    P
    Many

Hi mate, without much better pictures of the decal we will not be able to help you on whether that is a fair price or even original. All I will say is that I think it is an ET type decal, but it is very "mis-shapen" to the lower left of the shield. The helmet should be marked CKL or possibly ET and it is an M42. Personally I think that if it is an original SS helmet shell it is still over priced. Leon.

?

My apologies for the lack of detail - here is the original listing with more images included. M42 SS steel helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Ah, I thought I recognised that mis-shaped decal! If there were suddenly two that looked identical in shape I would have had major concerns about it. That said, personally I would wait for a better example than this one especially at that price, just my opinion and not a slight against the seller. Decals could become mis-shapen on application but for me this looks a bit ugly and hides some of the determining factors of a genuine decal such as the shield breaks in relation to the runes and the bottom "point". You may struggle to sell this one on at a later date if you needed to. Leon.

?

Good ET SS pattern decal for me. I see no problems with this one. As far as price, I rather keep that to myself.

Regards
    Samir

Looks good to me also and the price is a bit steep for this, are you selling this or looking to buy?

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Looks good to me also and the price is a bit steep for this, are you selling this or looking to buy?
    I am hoping to buy but I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $850 for it... which I doubt the buyer would accept. Than again, the helmet has been sitting on the classifieds for a good while now.

Quote by Boerne View Post
    I am hoping to buy but I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $850 for it... which I doubt the buyer would accept. Than again, the helmet has been sitting on the classifieds for a good while now.
    It's worth an offer at that price, but I agree that you would not want to be paying anywhere near the original asking price for this one. I would want a much better looking decal for that kind of money. Leon.

As Leon said give it a try negotiating with him and see if you can get that price down, there's sites out there that sell some nice relic ss helmets for good prices also.