Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

DAK SS. Any opinions?

Article about: by Datrus Don't know if they came out of Egypt Doug. So far i read that a lot of DAK helmets in brand new condition started to penetrate into the market in the 1980's. They were all made up

?

Default Re: DAK SS. Any opinions?

Here, here....this type of lid would automatically have me posting it here, one of those " too good to be true" but in the back of your mind your always hoping!!!!

This is where honesty and full disclosure come into play when selling...if I were offering this lid to anyone, I'd have to have rock solid evidence it was real before stating that!!!! I'd state straight off the bat tht I'm not sure.......

You certainly did the right thing....always good to have the hundreds of pairs of eyes look at this here!!!!

Mr Hansen sure has a lot of lids, but this experience makes me doubtful....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK SS. Any opinions?
    P
    Many

?

Thank you Samir. First i was thinking if the SS ever actually was in Afrika as combat personnel. DAK SS never heard about it, but i am not much into DAK yet. About the price, we never really got there after i posted that lid here. Maybe Mr Hansen was acting in some sort of "good faith", but good faith and SS items does not go hand in hand.

People should ALWAYS research & post. Then possibly search & destroy.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Here, here....this type of lid would automatically have me posting it here, one of those " too good to be true" but in the back of your mind your always hoping!!!!

This is where honesty and full disclosure come into play when selling...if I were offering this lid to anyone, I'd have to have rock solid evidence it was real before stating that!!!! I'd state straight off the bat tht I'm not sure.......

You certainly did the right thing....always good to have the hundreds of pairs of eyes look at this here!!!!

Mr Hansen sure has a lot of lids, but this experience makes me doubtful....
    But does he really have those lids??? I know this is speculation.

?

Given the recent information....I'd be very doubtful....

He sort of arrived out of the blue posting lots of lids, I think some passed the forum, but again your theory could be correct!

?

My thought was something like, that if he was a collector himself he would know some kind of etiquette. Researching items before offering them and so on. Also if he was a TR helmet collector, he would know that there was no such thing as DAK SS. I am sure that all the serious collectors here know that. If you have helmets like he posted, you should be pretty serious. IMO. Something just does not smell right.

Regards, Lars

A clever ploy on the part of Mr. Hansen. Offer a fake helmet to someone and state it is not his. If someone buys it, he has complete deniability regarding the transaction and can easily say he can not get the money back from the third party.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I'm hopefully that Mr Hansen can give his view of events and clear this up.....he does deserve a right of reply

However he seems to hav dropped off the radar

I think you will find he will drop off the radar for good now, as the nails are in the coffin. I would give everyone a second chance but could you every trust what he says or shows again.

Its a pity there seem to be alot of people out to make a quick buck these days .

Jason

?

Maybe the "helmet on today's paper" method would be good!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5