Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

DD SS Ground Dug

Article about: by Kiwipete I would be guessing that if they went throught the process of putting fake decals on it they would have done to the local barber for sum hair and then sum blood from a farm mix i

Default Re: DD SS Ground Dug

Some bastard dressed this helmet up with fake decals. Downright disrespectful...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD SS Ground Dug
    P
    Many

Nice relic, poor bloke must have taken one to the head.
    Morris

?

To me it appears that this could well be a grave dug item, the fact that hair and skin have adhered to the inner dome suggests that the skull was in contact with the metal for quite some time, allowing for decomposition to take place thereby leaving the hair and skin mixed with dried blood to become detached from the skull, adding fake decals to this helmet shows absolutely no respect for the fallen soldier and i class this as grave robbing

I agree with you davejb,this looks to be nearer grave robbing than "recovery"! As doug has already said these decals are poor attempts at pocher's and that is the final insult to this soldiers memory. I do hope you can track this guy down and not only get your money back,but also expose him for the immoral disgrace that he is!!

That's really...creepy. Not to mention the disrespect with doctoring up the helmet with fake decals. What a downright disgrace.

There are some respected diggers on the WAF, could this have been recovered with remains, and the remains returned to the appropriate authorities? Maybe the term " grave robbing " is the wrong term to use so early in a discussion?

but if it did not have the fake decals on it. but it still had a pice of the man head in it. i would still not like to have it.

Maybe grave robbing its a bit strong,but an item like this being for sale is a step to far!Blood staining is one thing but peices of someones head is another.This helmet should have been buried with the rest of his remains and not faked up to make some "sexy SS" money,it makes me sick personally that someone would do this.

Why on earth someone would want this is beyond me(with all do respect). It's horrible to see this. IMO this deserves to be put back into the ground. He is apart of that helmet now, and deserves a proper resting place. To me it looks as a bullet struck the helmet causing it to crack. All I can think about is that was someone's son or brother or father you know. And his life was cut short for some mans crazy ideology.

I would be guessing that if they went throught the process of putting fake decals on it they would have done to the local barber for sum hair and then sum blood from a farm mix it together and then paste it inside the helmet then bury the helmetbin the ground for 5 months.
    Instant blood stained hair helmet.
    Rgds peter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast