Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

DD SS Ground Dug

Article about: by Kiwipete I would be guessing that if they went throught the process of putting fake decals on it they would have done to the local barber for sum hair and then sum blood from a farm mix i

Default Re: DD SS Ground Dug

i too was surprised to learn this about ssamir i didnt realise because i think i had a conversation with him on iraqi m80's from the first gulf war so presumed he was a wee nipper ,good on you ssamir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD SS Ground Dug
    P
    Many

?

Quote by col james View Post
    i too was surprised to learn this about ssamir i didnt realise because i think i had a conversation with him on iraqi m80's from the first gulf war so presumed he was a wee nipper ,good on you ssamir
    Quote by Totenhead View Post
    SSamir

I was surprised to learn you are 87 ! I had some idea you were some young lad !!! All the best !
    Yeah, well, you know gents, age is just a number. You are as old as u feel. Lots of people ask whats my secret and its actually "love". I try to keep as much young girl friends as I can afford. Basically like a "vampire", sucking the youth out of them!

Samir,

Are you NY's version of Italy's Silvio Berlusconi ? !! haha, mean that sincerely, in a good way ! Did you serve in WW2 ???

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Samir,

Are you NY's version of Italy's Silvio Berlusconi ? !! haha, mean that sincerely, in a good way ! Did you serve in WW2 ???
    LMAO! Thats a good one!

If I served in WW2 I wouldn't be here.

?

Personally I think the helmet is authentic, most of the Pocher decals looks like this, when they lost black runes coating, underneath of the black layer is a thiner unprinted area in the silver base, where you can see the green helmet's paint. I don't think the faker's can reproduce that. Also as I have seen a lot of the ground dug items, there is noway to reproduce the damages on the paint and the layer of hardened ground patina.
    But surely this helmet is a one dug up from the head. May be one of the found by Volksbund ( some of the graves, as the Northern Russia area was over 3000 soldiers) and normally Volksbund take only bones and EK marken. The rest they allow to take for the voluntary workers.
    I know some of the peoples like only this kind of helmets. But I personally do not like such kind of stuff in my home, I prefer to make a pictures instead
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hi Dimas,

The graphics on the runes are incorrect. They do not posses the correct characteristics of a pocher or any well known SS pattern decal.

The party shield has what appears to be inconsistent wear (look at upper right side of the decal) for a lid that has been burried for 70 years. Just my observation and of course my opinion only.

Regards
    Samir

?

I mean this is not what you see usually, the decal constructed from 3 different layers and when proiduced, the first layer is a thin metallic like paint with the stensils like thin runes, second layer is another layer of silver like paint together with black runes, when the fat runes is gone with second layer , you can see the base of the decal ( heeres decals usually have a full silver lined decal, when the Pocher decal has empty thin areas on the runes area, where you can see the base paint of the helmet)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hi Dimas,

I see what you mean n it makes sense, but I doubt this process happened here. I don't recall ever seeing damages to an SS decal due to being "earthed" for 70 years, but I could be wrong, I'm no expert for sure. Let's see what Doug thinks. He ha seen lots of these relics n has some good experience with these decals. I for one stand by original opinion.

Regards
    Samir

?

Hi Dimas, I agree with the layered construction and have bought and deconstructed a well worn authentic Pocher decal and then using magnification can determine the exact layering. While I do not possess a lot of experience handling relics (I have handled only a handful) the way the graphics including shield border decompose still will show correct dimensions which this one - by these photos - does not appear to have nor does the party shield which is a different print process altogether than a runic decal.

I wouldnt bet the house that the decals are real, my skeptical side says err on the side of caution and from handling so many of these and examining Pochers in detail, I have to say what I see. It would be interesting to get it in hand as in hand is really the only way to authenticate decals like these and relics, due to condition will always be a leap of faith unless there is photographic documentation of the dig where the helmet was recovered.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Yeah, well, you know gents, age is just a number. You are as old as u feel. Lots of people ask whats my secret and its actually "love". I try to keep as much young girl friends as I can afford. Basically like a "vampire", sucking the youth out of them!
    Your only as old as the women you feel SSamir as the old saying goes !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast