Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DD SS m35?

Article about: Hey guys! Well there was a guy on one of the many facebook pages i'm on who recently acquired a large lot of vet bringback items. One of the items included a SS double decal Lid (I think its

?

Default DD SS m35?

Hey guys! Well there was a guy on one of the many facebook pages i'm on who recently acquired a large lot of vet bringback items. One of the items included a SS double decal Lid (I think its an m35 not sure though). First of all is this helmet ok, decal wise and such? Also if it is ok he was wondering a price range on this, i am not very good with price ranges on SS helmets so i offered my limited help. He is looking to sell and i didn't want him to get scammed out of his money.
    All help is much appreciated!!
    Thanks Again
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD SS m35?   DD SS m35?  

DD SS m35?  
    Attached Images Attached Images DD SS m35?  DD SS m35?  DD SS m35?  DD SS m35? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD SS m35?
    P
    Many

?

The rear liner rivet looks a bit loose. These pics are rather sub-par regarding the item in question. You'd think a high dollar item like this would have some better pictures for marketing purposes.
    I'm glad you don't want him to get scammed, but we don't want you to either.
    Also, yes, it is an m35

Hi , same old story but we really need better pictures of the decals.My first impression is that this helmet has fake decals as the breaks on both shields do not appear equally smooth as ET decals should be.I say ET because when I zoom in on the interior shoot I think I can make out that this is an ET manufactured helmet. If that's the case the decals may be ok but I would say unlikely going by these pictures. That said if it is in fact an EF manufactured helmet the "runic" decal would not be good for me and that would lead me to question the party shield to but better images are needed for a conclusive opinion. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 08-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Need much better decal pics, it has a fair shot to be a good ET though. If it's good, value would be, say, $9k - $11k? Something like that I reckon.

The interior stamping Looks like ET66, to my eyes, at least.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Need much better decal pics, it has a fair shot to be a good ET though. If it's good, value would be, say, $9k - $11k? Something like that I reckon.
    I'd say its worth would be closer to 6-8 k usd. That is unless it was on some insanely over-priced dealers site, then 9-11k might be accurate, I guess. Helmets aren't my forte. Better pictures are a must, so I wont comment on its authenticity, but does the decal seem too shinny? Get better pictures and wait for Doug's opinion, that's my advice.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-22-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I'd say its worth would be closer to 6-8 k usd. That is unless it was on some insanely over-priced dealers site, then 9-11k might be accurate. Better pictures are a must, so I want comment on its authenticity, but I'm not liking what is shown thus far. I'd get better pictures and wait for Doug's opinion.
    I've seen M42's and M40's at $6k+ recently, just in personal sales ads. That's high I think, but I have rarely seen a good condition DD M35 for less than $10k anywhere. JMO of course. There is one around at the moment in a forum advert with an asking price of 20k, I can't remember if it is euro or usd.

?

I've seen M42's and M40's at $6k+ recently, just in personal sales ads. That's high I think, but I have rarely seen a good condition DD M35 for less than $10k anywhere. JMO of course. There is one around at the moment in a forum advert with an asking price of 20k, I can't remember if it is euro or usd.
    It's in $ on GHW.

I've seen M42's and M40's at $6k+ recently, just in personal sales ads. That's high I think, but I have rarely seen a good condition double decal M35 for less than $10k anywhere. JMO of course. There is one around at the moment in a forum advert with an asking price of 20k, I can't remember if it is euro or usd.
    You may be correct as I'm not a helmet collector, sir. It could be, also, that I'm thinking of a different model of the SS helmet? I do seem to recall Bruce having a few SS M-35's for around 6-8k, I think. I know SS double decal M-35's are quite rare, though. Therefore, apologizes if my estimate was inaccurate.
    If I may, I would like to suggest that a private seller would be much cheaper than a dealer, especially if said person wasn't a collector. Also, if dealers ask 9-11k, wouldn't my range be close considering the price differences between the two?
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.

I was wrong as it was a 34, not the 35 shown below.
    DD SS m35?
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-22-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Bandwidth.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast