Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DD SS m35?

Article about: Hey guys! Well there was a guy on one of the many facebook pages i'm on who recently acquired a large lot of vet bringback items. One of the items included a SS double decal Lid (I think its

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Ok, said helmet which I spoke of. I am positive the asking price wasn't above 8k usd. I even thing it was closer to 6-7k. There were more which were quite similar, too, which I ca post if requested.
    So, am I missing something here?
    Attachment 557791
    I never believe this helmet was sold for less then 8K!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD SS m35?
    P
    Many

Your correct, sir. I just read the description and recall it was instead the M-34 double decal medium duty SS-VT. What a mistake, however, it was a honest mistake as it's been awhile seen the 34 was on his site.
    What a waste of bandwidth this was. I apologize for that, too. Oy vey.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-22-2013 at 12:29 PM.

?

This the researched helmet of Karl Hans Frank. He was the right hand of Reinhard Heydrich. So less then 8k is very optimistic I think.
    I believe this helmet is in DougB's collection atm. Maybe you should ask him.

Dealers do charge a premium yes, usually around 30% on top of what a collector might ask for the same helmet. The $20k lid I don't expect will sell at that price, just an example of the type of thing you can encounter with these.

Kelly has this one for sale at the moment for $17,000. Same maker as the OP's helmet, with good provenance and vet capture details etc.

DD SS m35?DD SS m35?

?

The Frank helmet is Kelly's helmet, he posted it here a couple months ago. And I can guarantee it was not 8k! Maybe more like 25k!

Anyway, the helmet in question looks to be a good SS ET, it's an ET66. Does it have a dome stamp, what is the liner band date (it will be on the inside stamping on the left side when holding the helmet with the interior facing you and the skirt to the bottom) and lot number (stamped on the inside of the skirt )? Better / bigger decal pics would help, but I like what I see thus far.

?

This one(last post) looks like a large size too. Damn, Kelly is a lucky dude..

Quote by DougB View Post
    That's Kelly's helmet, he posted it here a couple months ago. And I can guarantee it was not 8k! Maybe more like 25k!

Anyway, the helmet in question looks to be a good SS ET, it's an ET66. Does it have a dome stamp, what is the liner band date (it will be on the inside stamping on the left side when holding the helmet with the interior facing you and the skirt to the bottom) and lot number (stamped on the inside of the skirt )? Better / bigger decal pics would help, but I like what I see thus far.
    Indeed, I didn't look at the full image, nor did I read the description. Please don't give me too hard of a time, as I had a laps in memory. She's a beauty, though.
    Glad to hear the helmet may be good, it certainly matches well with Kelly's example. My only fear was the shine of the decal looked possibly a bit different, but it could be due to the image or my lack of experience in helmets.
    This would be another amazing score for you Ryan, of course if it's real.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Indeed, I didn't look at the full image, nor did I read the description. Please don't give me too hard of a time, as I had a laps in memory. She's a beauty, though.
    Glad to hear the helmet may be good, it certainly matches well with Kelly's example. My only fear was the shine of the decal looked possibly a bit different, but it could be due to the image or my lack of experience in helmets.
    This would be another amazing score for you Ryan, of course if it's real.
    Thanks so much for your input and help guys. There is no way I am going to buy this lid, I am just merely helping him on the authenticity and price on this helmet. Some guy tried to scam him and put out a price of 1.5k which was obserd. I told him it was not right and I offered him ny help and resources . Trust me if I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    Ryan

?

Quote by Ryan B View Post
    Thanks so much for your input and help guys. There is no way I am going to buy this lid, I am just merely helping him on the authenticity and price on this helmet. Some guy tried to scam him and put out a price of 1.5k which was obserd. I told him it was not right and I offered him ny help and resources . Trust me if I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    Ryan
    Ryan, I've sent you PM.

?

Can u post straight on shots of the decal? Im viewing this from my phone so its a challange for me. By the way, im interested if your selling, let me know.

regards
    samir

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast