Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DD SS SD Edelstahl M34 Medium Weight Helmet

Article about: I have been looking for an M34 Edelstahl double decal SS SD helmet in good shape for years - no - decades. My buddy is liquidating his extensive collection and offered this gem to me with, a

Quote by fiftycal View Post
    arn't the decals supposed to bleed through silver? i read that grey under scratches means they are post war
    ??? This one is right as rain. It was in Kelly Hicks' personal collection until 6 or 7 years ago when he traded it to the seller for an SD SS with a variant runic shield. This is not just "the story" - I was there when the trade was negotiated. I usually don't get that worked up, but posts like this are somewhat irresponsible. Check out the runic decal reference thread in this forum. This is a classic Pocher runic decal, and definitely period applied. The Party shield is likewise a correct decal, and factory applied. Note that they are set back behind the vents. There were never any other decals on the piece, and the ones that are on it have been there since before 1945. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD SS SD  Edelstahl M34 Medium Weight Helmet
    P
    Many

settle down, don't wet yourself. every "expert" site seems to offer a different opinion. also looking at american auctions i have seen that most helmets offered and "authenticated" are fakes such as perfect "double decal M40's".. i would not trust much from an american collection any more

Just checked your started threads and it appears that your knowledge regarding SS decals is rather limited. I would suggest that you study up a bit and know of what you speak before intimating a piece is fake. I don't intend to engage in an argument over this helmet, and I guarantee that I will hold my water, but I will say that arrogance and ignorance are a bad combination. Thanks for your input. Jim G.

i have done a lot of research and would say 70% of ss helmets are fake in one way or another and this rises to 90% in the usa

i have done a lot of research and would say 70% of ss helmets are fake in one way or another and this rises to 90% in the usa
    This helmet is as right as rain , you need to do your research better as it is seriously flawed. it does not matter how many % of SS helmets are fake , the majority of fakes posted on this forum are easy to spot if you have invested time in learning about decals and helmets.
    Jim is one of the main contributors in the helmet section of this forum and he has an amazing collection. He knows his stuff and you clearly do not.

?

real or fake?

I think that the above post of yours displays your bona fides admirably. A stinker from 50 paces! I am not a helmet guy, but your type of post does no good whatsoever. I really don't think that you are in any position to validate one way or the other.

Regards
    Brett

wow. deleting evidence, **** this site, its full of american fags

Maybe my age is showing but have you ever noticed how the younger
    generations seem to know everything and can not stand being told otherwise.

Just an observation on my part -- feel free to delete it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I would not worry what nationality people are on this forum, you certainly wont be here for long.

?

A very informative thread, thanks for sharing this gem M-34. !!DD SS SD  Edelstahl M34 Medium Weight Helmet Here's mine
    Last edited by drbill; 03-26-2022 at 01:17 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast