MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Decal quiz - are they all real?

Article about: Hello there are plenty of fakes that are well done but the style decal is not correct for the type of shell this is why complete pictures of the helmet and lot number are important

SFC
    ?

Default Decal quiz - are they all real?

Here are some pictures of SS decals on helmets for sale as "real" ones - but are they? I am interested to buy one of these helmets - but a helmet with a real decal. So please help me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decal quiz - are they all real?   Decal quiz - are they all real?  

Decal quiz - are they all real?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Decal quiz - are they all real?  Decal quiz - are they all real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal quiz - are they all real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Decal quiz - are they all real?

you can work it out yoursef here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...ce-section-67/

If you are going to collect spendy and perilous items your own knowledge will serve you better in the long run than relying on others opinions that may or may not be informed. SS and TR stuff is not my interest. But what I have gleaned from reading around here I would not be too excited about any of these. With SS junk assume it is fake until it proves itself otherwise.

Have fun!

?

Please post each helmet separate with pictures of the full helmet and liner no one will be able to authenticate it without picture please post each helmet

Jan
    ?

Have to say that I find your question a very interesting one, this is the kind of stuff that makes this site enjoyable. I don´t have any ansvers myself but I´m sure someone will show you the way and give some valuable hint´s as how to collect these!

Best,

Jan

The decal in the third picture looks like a good ET decal, probably on an M42 CKL shell.

PS: I thought this one looked familiar, it is on this forum's e-stand, and is right as rain. I don't like any of the others. Jim G.

SFC
    ?

This is interesting, I think, often in various forums, members want pictures of the helmet, serial numbers etc. But I think that if you not can judge the authenticity of the decal - then there is already there a uncertainty on the helmet and then it's not worth having.

?

Hi,

The 1st one needs better pics. 2nd pic appears to be a legit lacqured "Q" type decal, but also needs close-ups to confirm. The 3rd is 100% authentic, because it used to be mine, and I had the decal under the scope at 20, and 200X the magnification. The last 2 sitting side by side need close-ups as well. Good luck

Samir

?

I also noticed the bottom right helmet appears to have the decal on the left side. Not sure what's that about until u post pics of the entire helmet, size, and lot number. With SS helmets, u just can't chance it.

Hi Samir, I am not sure about #2, the bottom of the runes do not appear to extend below the break, and I do not like the "convenient" damage that obliterates the area that would show the bottom of the left rune and its position relative to the break. From what I see, I am not a fan of this one. Regarding the "reverse" decal, #5, I would be extremely skeptical and unless very good pictures are provided that change my mind I would give it the thumbs down as well. Number 3 is real and fairly priced. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Samir, I am not sure about #2, the bottom of the runes do not appear to extend below the break, and I do not like the "convenient" damage that obliterates the area that would show the bottom of the left rune and its position relative to the break. From what I see, I am not a fan of this one. Regarding the "reverse" decal, #5, I would be extremely skeptical and unless very good pictures are provided that change my mind I would give it the thumbs down as well. Number 3 is real and fairly priced. Cheers, Jim G.
    Hi Jim,

I can relate to what your saying. I double clicked the pic of #2, and going by the vent hole it appears to be a "Q" shell. The decal also appears to have the traits of a Q pattern decal. Just take a look at the runes. Also, going by what appears to me as legit patina, the damages/wear to both helmet, and decal are consistent, and appear to be period. I'm not 100% sure of course, but definitely leaning towards a good Q SS. I do agree with you 100% on that reverse SS. I mentioned earlier more pics was needed to see what's really going on with that helmet. Hopefully more pics on the way. =)

Samir

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast