Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Did Hkp make any SS helmets?

Article about: Hello everybody, I was hoping somebody might be able to give me some advice. I have come across this helmet and I hoped somebody might be able to shed some light on it, as it says hkp size 6

?

Default Did Hkp make any SS helmets?

Hello everybody, I was hoping somebody might be able to give me some advice.
    I have come across this helmet and I hoped somebody might be able to shed some light on it, as it says hkp size 64, number 3777, but I have read hkp didn't actuallymake SS helmets, is this true?
    Thank you for any answers. I'm based in eastern Europe so I know it's probably fake but of all I've seen around here this one is the nicest one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did Hkp make any SS helmets?   Did Hkp make any SS helmets?  

Did Hkp make any SS helmets?   Did Hkp make any SS helmets?  

Did Hkp make any SS helmets?   Did Hkp make any SS helmets?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Did Hkp make any SS helmets?
    P
    Many

Correct they did not produce SS helmets so only hkp shells with an SS decal should be with a Pocher style.
    This one looks Luftwaffe color with a fake SS decal.

Still, it's pretty good as fakes go though isn't it? Just some of the little scratches on the decal remind me of a gentle sandpaper scrub to age the decal, otherwise I'd be tempted if I came across this example.

?

Thanks. Here's one more shot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did Hkp make any SS helmets?  

Hi, sadly this one is not a genuine SS helmet, as mentioned above, looks to have been a Luftwaffe no decal that's been "pimped" up. Leon.

Agreed, that last shot really kills it for me. I must sadly retract my 'would be tempted' statement.

?

Thank you very much for your opinions. It was a case of wanting to believe..there is so much interesting stuff relating to WW2 around central Europe, hopefully one day I'll find something genuine!