Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Double decal M40 4th SS Polizei Division helmet

Article about: Found in position of SS Polizei division near Leningrad

Default re: Double decal M40 4th SS Polizei Division helmet

All helmets issued to barrack police units that formed the Polizei Division had police and party shield decals. So the owner of this helmet removed the party shield and applied the SS runic shield? There is bare metal below visible in the chip on the runic shield. There is no evidence of a party shield.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal M40 4th SS Polizei Division helmet
    P
    Many

?

maybe issued as single decal ss then police decal added , rgds Dave

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Dimas, would you mind telling us the factory stamp and lot number?
    There is impossible to see it under the layer of rust, even this helmet allready not mine. It is a true example found in the early 1990's, in the positions of 4th SS div in the area of Sinyavino hills. And this is not a first helmet in that combination of runes + police eagle found in that condition, I did not find it, but I have no reason to be suspicious, due the first way is I know the percone who owe it before, the second reason that in the early 90's the price for such a helmet was approx a 10-30 USD, they was found everywhere, and collecting of such items in the post USSR market was too small, foreign market was still closed, and normally heeres helmets has only interest if they was completed, I clearly remember the time where my given firm price for a such Heers helmet ( 10 USD) was stay up to mid of 90's....
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

According to Mollo and unit history, police insignia was first, then SS added and finally SS insignia became dominant. Aside from the existence of other helmets with this insignia combinations, is there any photographic evidence of the mix of SS and Police decals in period photographs?

?

I don't think that someone know or can share a true history about the helmets worn in the tranches of Eastern front. Most probably most part of them was as described Mollo
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Odd that the runes decal appears to sit on the paint or whatever it is in the area outlined? Just curious.

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double decal M40 4th SS Polizei Division helmet  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I don't think that someone know or can share a true history about the helmets worn in the tranches of Eastern front. Most probably most part of them was as described Mollo
    Dimas, the unit history of the SS-Polizei division is full of photographs of their combat positions on the Eastern Front.

Dimas, with all due respect, would you mind posting some pictures of other examples of this type of helmet? I have to say that I am not fully convinced by this example. I see a lot of red flags.

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    I think Doug is still fishing, but I would also like to hear what he and Frank may say about this one. As for me, I have some very serious reservations. I suggest you post it on GHW with the required pictures, if you would like it properly vetted.

I just am reading this thread now for the first time. Was fishing (it was great). Dimas were you involved in the dig for this? The concern I have just from seeing the photos is the incredible condition of the runic ET style decal, but with flash photography the photo might be misleading. This helmet was also heavily cleaned at one point I assume? Real up tight photo of the decals would be nice with no flash in natural light. I must admit this does not scream 1 looker to me but I wont give any opinion as I do not see enough to go on yet. Is this an ET helmet?
    Cheers
    Doug

Default Re: Double decal M40 4th SS Polizei Division helmet

can anyone tell me over PM or just post it here what the numbers in the back of my polizei helmet means? D172 or 0172... I think it's D but it's so hard to see, thx =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast