Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double decal M40 SS helmet

Article about: hi,i hope i loaded these pics right.bought this from a guy in russia,inside stamped 3589 on the back and ?66 on the side.i cant make out the letter,and dont want too screw it up.what do you

Default Double decal M40 SS helmet

hi,i hope i loaded these pics right.bought this from a guy in russia,inside stamped 3589 on the back and ?66 on the side.i cant make out the letter,and dont want too screw it up.what do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal M40 SS helmet
    P
    Many

mp44collector
    ?

Default re: Double decal M40 SS helmet

Here are the Pictures uploaded for SS Helmet for anyone to review, comment or add information, I will also add the pictures in a blog and photo album full sized so anyone can enlarge them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double decal M40 SS helmet   Double decal M40 SS helmet  

Double decal M40 SS helmet   Double decal M40 SS helmet  

Double decal M40 SS helmet   Double decal M40 SS helmet  

Mhm.
    The colour of the paint is VERY green - an M40 should have a different, darker feldgrau. If the colour isn't correct (it may of course have been repainted after 1940 and before 1945!), there's a problem with the decals. They just don't seem to look right. Hard to say more, the photos aren't good enough. The liner looks alright on first sight, but it also looks aged as if smeared with shoe shine.
    What do you know of its provenience?

Yours,

Olaf

?

Hi, I would say artificially aged leather, and also the chinstrap looks new. So, there is a chance that also the rest is not original.

I am sorry but this helmet is a complete post war put together fake. The only original thing is the steel shell.

Cheers, Ade.

hi,i just know it came from russia,being new to collecting i'm just learning.i don't know if it makes any difference but the helmet is a m35,the vent hole is riveted in

?

Quote by jeeplake View Post
    hi,i just know it came from russia,being new to collecting i'm just learning.i don't know if it makes any difference but the helmet is a m35,the vent hole is riveted in
    Always be suspicious of these Mint to good to be true helmets..most of the times they are fake.

it is fake.just hope you didn,t spend a lot.after little repaint can be good for reanacting.

?

this helmet is no good

sorry

cheers
    Lars

oh well,you live and learn.i didnt spend too much,and it'll still ;look good on the wall.i wish i knew about this site before,it would have saved me a bit.thanx a lot guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast