Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double Runic SS helmets for Jim (and some reverse runics thrown in for good measure)

Article about: Below are some of the rarer SS combat helmets, Double Runics and Reverse Runics for Jim as I know these are his favourite SS helmets. The SS Double Runics and Reverse Runics used CA Pocher d

?

Default Double Runic SS helmets for Jim (and some reverse runics thrown in for good measure)

Below are some of the rarer SS combat helmets, Double Runics and Reverse Runics for Jim as I know these are his favourite SS helmets.

The SS Double Runics and Reverse Runics used CA Pocher decals as the "Extra" SS decal typically applied over a removed decal or typically overtop a party decal or a former Polezei helmet overtop the Police decal.

As discussed in the Double Runic Rarity thread, the purpose for these is unknown but suspected to be for foreign non German speaking volunteers. That said, there is a company of LAH known to wear the double runic helmets and there is outside of the Germania Regiment a huge inconsistency to this "rule of thumb".

Reverse runics tend to be SD or again, foreign volunteers.

These are rare SS helmets and always interesting to study real ones, as there are always consistencies I have noticed.

Left to right, top to bottom;

M40 Reverse Runic, Pocher decal overtop Police decal.
    M35 Woodchip Camo Double Runic, Pocher decal overtop Party decal.
    M35 EF Double Runic, Pocher decal overtop Party decal.
    M40 Mustard Camo Reverse Runic, named and fully researched to an SD officer, Pocher decal overtop another SS and/or Police decal.
    Austrian TV/VT transitional reissue using Austrian SS and Party decals.
    M42 Reverse Runic, Pocher decal overtop Police decal.
    Huge M35 size 70 (!) Double Runic, Pocher over removed party decal.
    M40 SD SS converted to Double Runic with 2 Pochers field applied, named helmet.
    M42 EF SS former winter camo with Pocher field applied.

In all cases the Pocher decal is applied later, field applied as noted.

Enjoy Jim! (and others) - pardon for the less than perfect photos, just snapped these quick in the warroom this afternoon.

(Shameless plug - if anyone is interested in owning a real example, I sent an M35 Reverse Runic to Kelly to sell on my behalf, a former SD/Foreign Volunteer helmet in great condition!)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Runic SS helmets for Jim (and some reverse runics thrown in for good measure)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Double Runic SS helmets for Jim (and some reverse runics thrown in for good measure)

Some absolute crackers there Doug wonderful to see them,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: Double Runic SS helmets for Jim (and some reverse runics thrown in for good measure)

Thank you sir! These are fabulous! Jim G.

A great collection you have super.
    chris

?

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin....! Wow, thanks for posting these fine museum pieces with us all.
    ~Dean

I really like the mustard camo one.
    chris

?

I'm speechless..... blown away! . Indeed some of the rarest and sought after SS lids in the world! Thanks for posting such a "treat" for my hungry eyes!

regards
    Samir

What could i say that hasn't been said!! Magnificent.

?

Damn Doug that is a fine group.

I have to use this word again Doug, "STUNNING"
    I don't know any other word to use that has not been said already. I would love to see those in person one day.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast