Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?

Article about: Today a was with a man who's selling this M35 SD SS helmet. But I have some doubts though. The helmet had some repaint in the past. Inner rim of the helmet wears the name: SS artz Dr. Lange.

?

Default Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?

Today a was with a man who's selling this M35 SD SS helmet. But I have some doubts though.
    The helmet had some repaint in the past. Inner rim of the helmet wears the name: SS artz Dr. Lange.
    Lotnbr.: 3550 Maker: SF 64

Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Doubts about M35 SD SS helmet. Or not?

Sorry no good.
    chris

?

My toughts to. I'm guessing round bottom decal and artifically aged liner. Am I right?

?

Not the round bottom decal, this is a bad attempt at an NS decal and a fake liner. Note SE M35 helmets should almost always have CA Pocher decals and only a handful are known.

I've not seen this fake decal before.

?

In hand the decal has a very metalic look.

?

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    In hand the decal has a very metalic look.
    Most fakes do. But there's far more to an SS decal than a metallic look. On a scale of 1-10 this would be a 2, with a 1 being the ugly 70s Japanese fake or Spock fake.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Most fakes do. But there's far more to an SS decal than a metallic look. On a scale of 1-10 this would be a 2, with a 1 being the ugly 70s Japanese fake or Spock fake.
    Krikke, listen to Doug, he's a good teacher & knows what he's talking about. Learning from Doug made me a much better collector today, and I am least likely to get caught out there thanks to him.

Krikke, as Doug states in one of his pinned threads, you have to have in hand experience with SS helmets. This is something he always mentions. I have owned most types of SS decals, so far, and physically handled two fat runes, so I consider myself to be fortunate to have this experience. Handling different types of original & reproduction SS decals is a must. Photos are great, but won't cut it alone, good luck.

Regards
    Samir
    Last edited by SSamir; 04-14-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Hi there,the SS professors have spoken!This is indeed a poor fake as Doug and Samir have already said.The liner is also a poor red dyed replacement,the chinstrap looks a modern replacement too.The naming in the skirt also looks rubbed down from left to right,so I would guess that's added post war to.As for the decal,the less said the better as it is a very poor NS attempt on the wrong manufacturer's shell,sorry, Leon.