Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dutch collectors be aware!!!

Article about: by Bas Jonkers You're a moderator so thats your job . Thanks, - Bas Bas, You are treading a very fine line here. You have absolutely no right to take for granted the work the Moderators here

Exclamation Dutch collectors be aware!!!

Hey there guys,
    I think i've spotted a fake battledamaged SS helm on the Dutch Ebay. Why do i think this? Because the decal is poorly attached, It leans slightly to the right. The rest of the helmet i don't know of but im pretty sure that decal is fake. What do you think?

Let me know your opinion!
    Thanks,

- Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dutch collectors be aware!!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Dutch collectors be aware!!!

I guess the fact that the decal is slightly leans to the right, nothing says about it's authenticity.
    Is he real or not... I don't know, I leave that to the experts in the field.

Kris.

Covering the runes doesn't help determine it. Any way to post a pic without it covered please.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Covering the runes doesn't help determine it. Any way to post a pic without it covered please.
    Ill ask the seller later. MP doesn't allow forbidden symbols.
    Thanks,

- Bas

I figured. I'm not the member here to make this call, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

Who ever had the helmet originally sure received a massive headache judging by the shrapnel hit on the top of the helmet
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I know that helmet from when it was for sale in the US. It is a good SD EF SS battle damaged helmet. It most recently was on Kelly Hicks' site and can still be seen on that site marked as "sold". Decals were often applied in a slightly canted orientation. Anyway, this one is good, and by the way, it isn't mine, nor was it ever mine, so I have no financial stake in it one way or another. Jim G.

PS: Of course, whether the seller on the auction site actually possesses the helmet or hijacked pictures from the sites on which it was offered in the past is a different issue. A prospective bidder should ask him to e-mail better pictures of the decal to see if he actually has it, at least that is what I would do.

I just checked Kelly's site, and the pictures in this thread are the same pictures that he had posted. That certainly would heighten my index of suspicion!

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I just checked Kelly's site, and the pictures in this thread are the same pictures that he had posted. That certainly would heighten my index of suspicion!
    Sites should watermark their pictures... Damn ***holes that take these pictures
    Thanks,

- Bas

?

Jim is correct. Its a real SS decal, and some of them weren't perfectly applied. Who's the seller?

Samir

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast