Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS-helmet with double runic shield

Article about: Hello. Today I have a question about this WW1 helmet that seems to be reissued for the SS. I read in the net, that there were helemts like this, because of problems with equipment for the Wa

Default Early SS-helmet with double runic shield

Hello.

Today I have a question about this WW1 helmet that seems to be reissued for the SS. I read in the net, that there were helemts like this, because of problems with equipment for the Waffen-SS. What would you think?And how much must be paid for this?
    Thank you all.

Grenzwolf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  
    Attached Images Attached Images Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  Early SS-helmet with double runic shield 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS-helmet with double runic shield
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early SS-helmet with double runic shield

Weird to see a double decal SS, decals look like repro as I don't think they would be of this quality this early...my Hubble opinion

This was, what I thought. But than I read in an experts article, that helmets like that were used from early SS-time untill it was forbidden for the regular members. After this the helmets were used at the VT of the SS. Double runic shields are known for this area.
    "Das Hakenkreuzwappen wurde auf der linken Seite des Helms getragen. Es bestand aus einem schwarzen, auf der Spitze stehenden Hakenkreuz in einem weißen Kreis auf rotem Grund. Das Waffengattungswappen wurde auf der rechten Seite des Helms getragen. Es bestand aus zwei schwarzen Runen auf silbernem Grund. Es konnten aber auch weiße Runen auf schwarzem Grund getragen werden. Diese Form wurde ab dem 12.8.1935 vorgeschrieben. Interessanterweise sind auf Fotos weitere, wahrscheinlich ungewollte Varianten erkennbar. Das sind: seitenverkehrt oder gegeneinander verschobene Runen sowie unterschiedlich dicke, wobei die stärker ausgeführte Variante als die frühere angesehen werden muß. Zudem ist bekannt, dass die Abzeichen auch seitenverkehrt oder beidseitig am Helm angebracht wurden."

true, but I think the decals look too fresh given the condition of the helmet. I'm sure an expert will be along shortly...

DR SS helmets are extremely rare, and few are on WWI vintage shells. That being said, it is impossible to judge a decal unless you can see the decal. Ask the seller for closeup clear shots of both decals. I suspect they are not good, but would reserve judgment until I see them. Of course, if the seller won't send the pictures, that would heighten my index of suspicion to the level of certainty that they are fake. Jim G.

As Jim says one needs to have HQ quality close-ups of the decals , if they cannot be provided for whatever reason leave the helmet where it is...

suspicious decals and smudged marking on the liner,,,does not bode well for this item

?

vent hole, liner & decals?

He sent the pics.
    Here they are...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS-helmet with double runic shield   Early SS-helmet with double runic shield  

?

Fake. Both of them.

There is only 1 double runic transitional that I am aware and it is a black painted Allgemeine parade helmet pictured in SS Steel. Not even sure this helmet is German or Austrian with that marking and liner. Looks Hungarian or something to that effect

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast