Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early SS Stalhelm

Article about: Hi, another early original Stahlhelm from The German History Museum, sorry for the quality of the photo, but all displayed items are in-cased in glass. Regards SK. ( ATTACH=CONFIG]695784[/AT

?

I will be visiting the US holocaust memorial museum. I was told they have some original items including a field gray muslim fez. Can't wait to visit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early  SS Stalhelm
    P
    Many

Early  SS StalhelmEarly  SS StalhelmEarly  SS StalhelmEarly  SS StalhelmEarly  SS StalhelmEarly  SS Stalhelm
    When I tried to visit the museum in Prague it was closed, I then tried to find the spot where RH was shot but that's all buildings now, I did happen to find the church were the assassins were hiding out. I tried to go down the Crypt, but that was also closed for a refurb.

On the subject of dishonest people, we did Normandy / GOLD/Juno/sword, we went to the local museum, whilst we were there our guide told has that a staff member had been sacked due to selling original items and replacing them with copies.

No different really when Iraq was invaded, every body raided their museum and stole and sold items that were irreplaceable, not like the TR items that are still quite common.
    Regards Sk

?

Awesome pictures and thanks for sharing them with us. I sure would love to go there some day. Glad is still exists.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yes this is a reproduction indeed. I would not be disappointed in the museum, their charter is not to have all real items but to represent history itself. Collectors such as are here present in this forum have artifacts that should be in museums the world over but I personally would rather show my own collection privately to the studious and interested than the mere passerby. Perhaps one day I will change this thought but today is not that day.

FB I will be in Praha next April as part of a larger historical study and journey and would love to know if this exhibit you speak of will be in Praha then or if there is a site online you can direct me to?

Thanks as always, you are a wealth of knowledge on the subject.
    Here is the citation for the work I mentioned.

ooks.google.com/books?id=H_bNMwEACAAJ&dq=Operation+Anthropoid&hl=e n&sa=X&ei=PWmLU6e-MsbvoATOs4KoAw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw

Operation Anthropoid, Praha, 2002, Czech Ministry of Defense, with a reprint from 2011.

I have seen fake and also real SS uniforms in the Berliner Zeughaus, which, of course, is the leading collection of uniforms in Germany, with the wonderful lineage reaching back to the dawn of the Prussian army.
    However, there are fakes, and it is of little account. I have had professional associations with these places, and I esteem them very highly. However, the persons at work there are young and likely do not deepen themselves in the arcane details that are enshrined in this site. And, the US side so fully made off with war booty, as did the Canadians, that little is left over that was not otherwise pulverized, burnt, and thrown away.
    When I was a student in West Germany a long, long time ago, normal people regarded this stuff as total junk. Those who traded in it at that time were either kooks or old Nazis, and wholly marginalized.

I will find a link for Praha, too.

Ahoj! It is here

VHU PRAHA
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-01-2014 at 09:57 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is the citation for the work I mentioned. ooks.google.com/books?id=H_bNMwEACAAJ&dq=Operation+Anthropoid&hl=e n&sa=X&ei=PWmLU6e-MsbvoATOs4KoAw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw Operation Anthropoid, Praha, 2002, Czech Ministry of Defense, with a reprint from 2011.
    Thank you. I will be including this into my trip next year.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is the citation for the work I mentioned. ooks.google.com/books?id=H_bNMwEACAAJ&dq=Operation+Anthropoid&hl=e n&sa=X&ei=PWmLU6e-MsbvoATOs4KoAw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw Operation Anthropoid, Praha, 2002, Czech Ministry of Defense, with a reprint from 2011.
    Thank you. I will include this in my trip next year.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Thank you. I will include this in my trip next year.
    I will look for the army museum details. This publication is a catalog of the exhibit.

See my post Numero 25 above for the Czech army museum system and its various locations.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-01-2014 at 10:37 PM.

and if you make it to Praha, then you should go then to Brno, the Moravian metropole, and on to Wien, as well as Bratislava.
    In Wien, go here....

HGM
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-01-2014 at 11:24 PM.

?

Ahh BRNO, where one of the most famous weapons of the war originated from, The good old BREN gun, lovely weapon to shoot, very accurate with a three second burst, I got my marksman on the Bren many years ago, along with the No/4 rifle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast