Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Et62 m42 ss?

Article about: by Wagriff On an odd note, however....I've had and do recall helmets many many years ago that had this strange green color paint (park bench green, we used to call it) on the inside of the s

Default Re: Et62 m42 ss?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    On an odd note, however....I've had and do recall helmets many many years ago that had this strange green color paint (park bench green, we used to call it) on the inside of the skirt. I've always wondered why they painted them like that, but I know for sure that the couple I've owned and handled were absolutely authentic and were bring backs by men that I personally knew.
    Funny you mention that, it now reminds me of the inside of a Quist M42 I have. It struck me as an anti-rust wash, rather than a paint.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Et62 m42 ss?
    P
    Many

?

Agreed with the rest. A repro decal, liner and strap. Steer clear my friend.

I don't like any of it.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    On an odd note, however....I've had and do recall helmets many many years ago that had this strange green color paint (park bench green, we used to call it) on the inside of the skirt. I've always wondered why they painted them like that, but I know for sure that the couple I've owned and handled were absolutely authentic and were bring backs by men that I personally knew.
    Just never saw a green that color on any helmet on this fourm so i suspected that it was fake/ repaint

?

All had been said, liner, decal, strap and possibly paint post war.

i think im late on this one . but the size of the decal would that be a red flag on this too.....

Quote by geelong View Post
    i think im late on this one . but the size of the decal would that be a red flag on this too.....
    It only looks big because it is on a small size 62 shell.

ok thanks cgp1066

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2