Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals

Article about: by MikeEM Doug, Thank you for the comments. As I mentioned, we are adamant not to sell fakes and to respect the collecting community. I will personally review the items you have mentioned. I

Doug you are one of the good guys ,I give you a lot of respect.
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Strange that it has gone from the guy who refunded you to being for sale again.
    I understand Bob sold it on the cheap, someone else is trying to make a fast buck it seems. Thanks for the kind words Chris and Mr Goon.

Hopefully, whoever sent this helmet to emedals did Not use Doug's name and previous ownership as a Selling point to him.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hopefully, whoever sent this helmet to emedals did Not use Doug's name and previous ownership as a Selling point to him.
    LOL I doubt it. They are using the fact it was published however. I would guess that the helmet is consigned, but that is just my hunch.

Hi Doug , I just saw this on emedals myself , I didn't like the off centre swastika at first but then when I saw it was in Kelly's book I thought "WOW it must be a rare lid!" I for one would have bought it on the strength it was known to Kelly from this ad , so i'm glad you have discovered the truth about it Doug and been magnanimous enough to share your knowledge. I also could not see the "inner borders" on the runes that I thought should be on the early SS decals , am I correct in that assumption Doug? Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals   Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  

Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals   Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  

Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  

?

That is correct Leon, but as was said to me in my early years of collecting SS, it was an early variant, a boutique locally made decal. Thankfully through diligence and a lot of hard work and time the truth is now known. Thank you for posting the pics.

Thanks for bringing this up Doug. You are Gent.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I know these fellows well as we set up at the same Military shows in the Toronto area, I will not deal with them, and I will leave that at that!
    At a show earlier this year I had a Luft Barracks radio in nice shape. They told a collector I know that they wanted it but were to busy to come to my table to buy it themselves, so he came over for it, that company was not mentioned, later at the end of the show I saw one of that company taking the radio out, he gave me a big smile as he walked by

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

You have my highest regards and respect Doug for bringing this blackie in to the light as it were IMO this raises some other issues now concerning the decals how many other helmets are in private collections with these particular type of decals on them that are deemed as originals based on the initial research and due to the fact that this particular helmet was published in Kelly's book .
    I fear we have not seen the last of these decals as they will most certainly start to surface and will be new nightmares for the unwary and shattering disappointments for others that have them in there private collections.

Regards Mark K

?

S***s that its a fake and that someone else got burned. Someone likely will be again because of a scum pond faker (unless the lid is taking out of circulation....and Im not holding my breath for that to happen).
    But good that you got your funds returned to you and that you bring this lid to the attention of the resident helmet collectors.
    Seems there are a few good people around still....., good to know.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast