Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals

Article about: by MikeEM Doug, Thank you for the comments. As I mentioned, we are adamant not to sell fakes and to respect the collecting community. I will personally review the items you have mentioned. I

That does it...Enough is enough! I'm getting rid of Every SS helmet in my collection....Black, Green, Grey, Camo...even the Purple one...Out they all go....

(Although..I kinda Like the Purple one....)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals
    P
    Many

Geelong - do you have photos or a link for your bad police M42? I'd like to study it. Do you still have the helmet or was it refunded?

well when the fakes are discovered the sentiment does run hot.

i do not collect helmets. and i am by no means expert in them at all.

but i have been around here for some time and i have the greatest respect for our helmet experts. i read the threads and you can not be but impressed thoroughly by the knowledge our gentlemen in this area of interest display. (DougB, although i have never said it, i do read your contributions and my hat's off to you)

i would just like to add the comment that i have done business with eMedals on certainly more than one occasion and this business on the "medals" side of things. this is something i do know. and considering the volume this guy does i've been pleased with the fact that i certainly have not been "burned" or seen much, if anything, awry as it concerns medals. now my memory is not perfect and i may not remember a fake that i have seen listed, but sitting here i do not recall much in that vein and again... considering the volume i always felt he ran an operation with due care.

helmets? i would never deign to disagree with our experts here. as i have said, i have been around here on a daily basis for some time and i am fully appreciative of the expertise you helmet guys are possessed of. in this hobby, we police ourselves. it's a good and necessary thing. it's a thing i applaud.

but i did feel i might add that my personal experience within my realm of expertise has, with eMedals, been a good one.

yea it went back. thanks to you guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals   Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  

Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Geelong - do you have photos or a link for your bad police M42? I'd like to study it. Do you still have the helmet or was it refunded?
    you helped me with this one to helmetone. cheers

Quote by geelong View Post
    yea it went back. thanks to you guys.
    Thank you! Did you have a close up of the eagle? If not no problem. Guess it didn't help they used a border less decal on an M42. Big red flag there.

I helped? Damn. I can't remember a damn thing anymore! lol

yea i jump on this helmet with out thinking to much. was only when i got home and started looking and thought no boarder on decal and a few other things thats when i posted it. if i still had it i would make a scare crow for the vegi patch out the back and use it on that. ha ha or i could use the first helmet posted on this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake M34 SS Blackie being sold by eMedals  

Regardless of the current helmet fiasco, I, also, have to agree with Tempelhof. Of all my dealings with eMedals, I have always been more than satisfied and have gotten some very noteworthy pieces from them. Barry Turk has always treated me quite well. It would be a sad thing to see them damaged by this situation. Their inventory includes some medals and collectables that simply can not be found elsewhere. I have never sought to purchase a Helmet from them and am unlikely to do so in the future for the reason that helmets are not what I occasionally peruse through their stock for, is all. At any rate, the suspect helmets have been removed right away when attention was pointed to them and this is what one would hope to see given this occurrence. If such things continue in the future is another thing altogether, but for now, I would hope that the heat cools down and people allow them to either prove themselves true or otherwise.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    A while back i got done with a dd42 police helmet. that also had a off center party shield.
    That's the exact same police helmet. Exact same fake party decal. A collector sent me a pic of his transitional SS tonight. Same fake runic decal. So there's another one exposed. Collector new it was this decal too, a good thing.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I would hope that the heat cools down and people allow them to either prove themselves true or otherwise.
    Barry or Michael should post their sold helmets identified here as bad, for other opinions. Bad helmets should be refunded.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast